xi ; the marauders

Harry couldn't have paid me enough Galleons to stand on the Quidditch stands in the pouring rain. I stood there, shivering in my Gryffindor rain coat, watching a boring game, which I could barely even see by the way, for only five galleons.

I made a mental note to ask for more afterwards.

"Is it almost done?" I asked to Ron, who was trying very hard to see the players.

"Not even close! Harry hasn't even seen the snitch yet!" He groaned.

"There's no way Harry can see anything in this rain! He'll never catch the snitch in this." I said.

"Hermione, you're usually the- where'd she go?!" Ron yelled as he turned to talk to a missing Hermione.

"Probably setting Snape on fire again." I joked as I looked around for her.

"You know where she keeps disappearing to, and you know how she's randomly appearing in class!" Ron accused me as the players went into time-out.

"Do not!"

"Do too! You're always covering for her!"

"If I knew, don't you think I'd want to get in on it as well?" I lied, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, I guess that's a good point. You're both nerds." Ron said.

"Hey!" I scoffed, hitting him on the shoulder. We both jumped at Hermione appearing again.

"Look, the games going again!" She said, pointing to Harry, who was taking off the ground rapidly. He had seen the snitch.

We watched him fly up, and up, and up, until we could no longer see him anymore.

"This is bad." I muttered, when suddenly there was a little red dot falling from the sky.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron asked as we stood over Harry's bed in the hospital wing.

"Come on, Ron. Let's walk you off the Astronomy tower and see what you look like." Fred scoffed, and Harry's green eyes started to flutter open.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry joked weakly as he sat up.

"How are you?" I asked, and he rubbed his eyes.

"Oh, brilliant." He said. I tried to ignore the several cuts all over his face.

"You gave us a right good scare there, mate." George said, sitting in the arm chair next to him.

"What happened?" Harry asked as I handed him his glasses.

"Well, you fell off your broom." Ron said awkwardly.

"Really?" Harry scoffed. "I meant the match, who won?"

We all fell silent, and I got off the bed for Ron to come forward.

"No one blames you, Harry." Hermione said, and Harry's eyes practically rolled back into his head as he laid back down in defeat. "The dementors arent supposed to enter the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off."

"Cedric Diggory got the snitch." I said, ripping the bandaid off. "Right after you fell."

"He didn't realize what happened. He saw you on the ground and he tried to ask for a rematch. But they won. Even Wood admitted it." George sighed.

"Where is Wood?" Harry asked, lifting his neck off of his pillow to look around for his captain.

"Still in the showers." Fred said. "We think he's trying to drown himself." Harry's head fell back and he let out a groan.