lv ; the third task

"Mum — Bill!" Ron gasped, looking stunned, as he, Ron and Hermione joined the Gryffindor table for lunch after their exam. "What're you doing here?"

Mr and Mrs. Weasley, as well as their eldest son, Bill, were sitting around Harry, who looked positively blissful. Jupiter took the seat Harry had purposely left open for her, and she felt a smile grow on her lips at the sight of him.

"Come to watch Harry in the last task!" Mrs. Weasley smiled brightly. "I must say, it makes a lovely change, not having to cook. How was your exam?"

"Oh... okay," said Ron. "Couldn't remember all the goblin rebels' names, so I invented a few. It's all right," he said, helping himself to a Cornish pasty, while Mrs. Weasley looked stern, "they're all called stuff like Bodrod the Bearded and Urg the Unclean; it wasn't hard."

"Ronald Weasley, I raised you better than that," Mrs. Weasley huffed, pointing a finger at her son. He seemed unfazed by her scolding. She then rounded on Jupiter with a smile. "Now, Jove, I doubt I even have to ask how yours went!"

"It went exactly how I expected it to," Jupiter shrugged. "Easily."

"Of course it did!" Mrs. Weasley gushed. "See, Ron, this is exactly how you should be! You need to be spending more time around Jove."

Ron snorted. "Maybe I would if those two weren't snogging every five minutes."

Before either Jupiter or Harry could tell him to shove off, Mrs. Weasley's mouth fell open. "What? You two are..." Her large eyes darted back and forth between the pair, who just sat on the opposite bench sheepishly. "Oh, how wonderful!" She cheered, clapping her hands giddily. "I didn't trust that Skeeter woman, not one bit, but oh, my goodness, this is just lovely!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament." Professor Dumbledore announced at his perch. "Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."

Jupiter watched as Harry's enjoyment faded from his face and he turned extremely pale as he stood up from the table.

There were lots of "Good luck, Harry!" uttered around from the entire table. Jupiter felt her stomach turn over as Harry shot her a small smile, then turned to follow the rest of the champions and Mr. Bagman.

"Harry, wait!" Jupiter called, quickly getting up from the table and running after him. She grabbed him by the wrist, making him turn around, and kissed him.

Harry's eyes widened in surprise, but he quickly relaxed into the kiss, his hands coming to rest gently on Jupiter's waist. For a brief moment, the hustle and bustle of the Great Hall faded into the background, and it was just the two of them.

"You're going to be brilliant, Harry," Jupiter said firmly, her eyes shining with confidence. She ignored the loud wolf-whistles coming from Fred and George behind them. "I know you will."

"I'll see you after," he promised, giving her hand one final squeeze before turning and quickly catching up with the other champions.

As Jupiter watched him fade down the hall, a terrible feeling erupted inside of her. She felt incredibly guilty for letting him go, even though there was nothing she could've done. Something was going to happen during the task, and she wouldn't know how she would live with herself if it happened to Harry.

-

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each — Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points — Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place — Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"