xxii ; always been you

A/N

ONE MORE CHAPTER OF POA!!
expect act one to be finished today!

-

    "We did it, you know." Harry smiled to himself. "Buckbeak isn't dead."

"I don't think he ever was." I said. "The executioner never swung at Buckbeak. That noise we heard was always the pumpkin. We didn't see Buckbeak's head anymore because we had already saved him."

"What?" Harry asked, his head cocked to the side.

"Everything we're doing right now already happened." I breathed. "We just didn't know it was us."

"That's brilliant." Harry grinned. "Confusing, but brilliant."

"Definitely." Hermione laughed quietly.

"You know..." Harry said softly. "Before, down by the lake after I pulled Jo out... I did see someone. That someone made the dementors go away."

"With a Patronus." Hermione said. "I heard Snape telling Dumbledore that 'only a really powerful wizard could've conjured it."

"It was my dad." Harry said, smiling to himself. "It was my dad who conjured the Patronus.

"Harry, your dad's..." Hermione sighed.

"Dead, I know." Harry snapped, his tone changing instantly. "I'm just telling you what I saw."

"Harry, don't you think it could've been you?" I asked, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"No, I couldn't have made one like that. You should've seen it, it was beautiful." He sighed. "It had to of been him."

"Here we come." Hermione said, standing up as a large group came out from under the tree.

We watched ourselves for a moment, my eyes stuck on the image of Sirius and I. It was odd, seeing myself with a man I once claimed to hate. Things felt so natural with Sirius. For once, I felt what it was like to have family.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice yelled from by the tree. The full moon appeared from behind the clouds, illuminating the grounds with a mystical blue light.

"Let's go." Harry said as Lupin transformed, and him and Sirius began to fight. We ran to the other side of the hill, and watched as Lupin almost swung Harry and I.

"Awoo!" Hermione yelled next to me.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, covering her mouth.

"Saving your lives!" Hermione said, pushing his hand away. "Awoo!"

Lupin turned towards us, and broke into a run on all fours.

"Run!" I yelled, and we took off through the woods. My heart was pounding faster than it ever had, and my legs were on the brink of going numb.

"Jo!" Harry yelled as I collapsed on the ground as I tripped over a tree trunk.

"I'm okay." I reassured him, hoping I could convince myself as well. He quickly helped me up and he kept a hold of my arm as we continued to run.

We hid behind a tree, moving around it as the wolf sniffed for us, let out a howl, then went quiet.

We backed up slowly, then suddenly, there was a low growl behind us.

Lupin was standing in the clearing, his yellow eyes watching us with hunger as he bared his claws. He lunged at us, and I felt Harry's arms go around Hermione and I.

A piercing screech boomed through the forest.

Buckbeak, who had broken free from his tree, had gotten in front of us and was now towering over the wolf. He jumped at the beast, swinging his claws threateningly as the wolf cowered, then took off down the forest.