xiii ; spit it out

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Ron asked as he sat next to Harry, Hermione and I on the steps in the entrance hall. We were surrounded by several other students who were watching eagerly to see who would enter the tournament.

"Mostly everyone from Durmstrang." I said, leaning back against the step behind me. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," Harry sighed. "I would've if it had been me... wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

"I'd pay to see that." I said, and Harry shot me a glare from the other side of Hermione.

"Come on, Cedric!" A voice yelled as a group of sixth-year Hufflepuff's came running into the entrance hall, each of them pushing a familiar face towards the Goblet in the center of the room.

"Hold on." Cedric said with a smirk as he straightened up his robes, which his friends had severely messed up. He walked over to the stairs and casually took the empty stair to the side and below me.

"Think I should do it?" He grinned. As he smiled at me, I tried to remain as uninterested as possible. It was incredibly hard.

"Do what, exactly?" I asked, crossing my arms at him.

"Enter the tournament, of course." Cedric shrugged. "Reckon I'd look good with a champion's robe, yeah?"

"If you've got a death wish, then by all means, please enter." I laughed, and he rolled his eyes, not dropping his incredibly captivating smile. "I just wouldn't fancy you dead, that's all.

"So you fancy me, Black?" Cedric asked, and I felt myself choke on air. His friends cheered him on, and a few whistled in support.

"I never said that." I scoffed as I looked away from him, hoping it would hide the inevitable blood that would soon rush to my cheeks.

"Eh, you kinda did." He said, keeping his eyes locked on me. Cedric had a quality that made him hard to ignore. I could feel him staring at me, and somehow, I felt incredibly drawn to him. Damn, charisma.

"We both know you're going to enter anyways, so why are you still bothering me, Diggory?" I asked, looking back at him. I was extremely thankful that I hadn't been standing, because I'm sure my knees would've given out just from the way he had been watching me.

I noticed small, polite applause scattering throughout the room as a girl from Beauxbatons put her name in the Goblet.

He laughed to himself. "You call it bothering, I call it flirting."

"Your flirting doesn't seem to be working then." I smiled, leaning forward so we would be face-to-face.

"Yeah, you totally don't seem interested at all." He smirked, his eyes quickly darting below my eyes, then back to them.

"What do you want, Diggory?" I sighed, resting my chin in my hand as my elbow stood on my knee.

"I want you to tell me I should enter the tournament." Cedric said, and I rolled my eyes as I leaned back against the step behind me again.

"If you've got a death wish, then by all means, please enter." I said, gesturing towards the Goblet.

"That's good enough for me." Cedric shrugged with a confident smirk as his friends cheered and hollered loudly. He hopped off the stairs, and quickly rejoined his friends who pushed him inside of the age-line.

Cedric watched the fire for a moment, the blue light shimmering within his eyes as he dropped a piece of parchment into the cup. Loud applause filled the room, mainly from his group of friends who were yelling and hugging him.