xxvi ; water

"Where'd you hide it, Riddle?" Dennis Bishop growled, towering over me in a pathetic attempt to intimidate me.

"I haven't a clue what you're on about." I smirked, staring up at him. Dennis Bishop was a large, scruffy boy, nearly fifteen (five years older than me), but he didn't scare me. Honestly, how could he? Him and his pathetic girlfriend Amy Benson made quite the dim-witted pair.

"Give it to him, Riddle, or else you might find yourself stomped into a curb tonight." Amy snarled, crossing her chubby arms from her boyfriend's side.

"Alright, then." I said, casually shrugging my shoulders. Dennis' eyes softened as he looked to Amy, then back at me.

"Huh?"

"I said, alright. Do you know what that means, Bishop, or are you too airheaded to pick up a dictionary?" I asked, not flinching as his fat fist came flying at the center of my forehead. Amy grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Den, wait. You want it back, don't you?" She asked, pushing her unevenly cut bob back behind her pointy ear.

"Uh, yeah." Dennis grumbled, lowering his fist. "Where is it, runt?"

"I haven't got it on me... but I can take you to it." I said, placing my hands behind my back innocently.

"Lead the way, punk." Dennis said, placing his fat hand behind my neck as I turned around. He pushed me along as I lead the two idiots further away from Wool's orphanage. I didn't fight him, simply because it would only make my vengeance all the more satisfying.

After over twenty minutes of walking down deserted paths and unsturdy rocks, we reached the cave.

"I dunno about this..." Amy muttered, taking a step back as I pushed a large rock away from the cave. A small opening laid behind it, and I gestures towards it.

"How do I even know it's in there?" Dennis asked, squatting down to peer through the hole.

"You'll just have to take my word for it, Bishop. Unless you want to go back to the orphanage empty handed." I shrugged, and he shot me a deadly glare then began to squeeze through the hole.

"C'mon, Amy." He growled, disappearing into the darkness. Amy eyed me hesitantly, then then also slipped into the opening. I crawled through easily, my small frame fitting the door exactly.

"Where's it at?" Dennis barked, squinting to try and see in the darkness. I looked over to the pile of logs I had laid in the side of the cave, and it lit into flames. Dennis and Amy both stumbled back in surprise. "Bloody hell!"

"Let me out!" Amy screamed, running back over to the opening. She let out an even louder scream once she realized it had disappeared.

"There's your knife, Bishop." I smirked, pointing towards the small, glimmering object on the sandy ground. Bishop had chased me with the blade when I was younger, threatening to cut off a finger for every item I stole from him. I must admit, I was a fool when I was young and believed him. Now, I was going to return the favor.

"I don't want it anymore, just let us out, Riddle." Dennis cried, running over to the rock where the opening was once embedded. Amy was still hysterically screaming, her tears falling into the sand below her.

"I'm afraid that's not a choice. See, the door only opens on my command, or if it has enough blood." I smirked, and Amy fell to the floor, hugging her knees as Dennis slowly turned to me.

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself, Dennis." I tutted. "Now pick up your knife."

He didn't move. I locked my eyes onto him, and decided I'd make him move myself. A force began to pull him across the room, my newest talent. He screamed and tried to grab onto Amy as he was dragged across the sand closer to the knife.