iii ; the portkey

"Harry!" I yelled, holding a candle up to Harry's sleeping face as he shook back in forth. I knew this feeling too well. He was dreaming of Voldemort.

"Are you okay?"

His eyes opened in a flash, and he stopped shaking. He jolted up, his forehead slightly sweaty from the nightmare. He watched me for a moment as if he was unsure who I was. His hand fumbled around on his nightstand for his glasses, and he smashed them onto his face.

"Oh. Jupiter." He sighed with relief.

"Did you seriously not know it was me?" I asked with a slight laugh as I backed away from him a bit.

"'M blind." He muttered sleepily.

"Wake up!" Hermione hissed next to Harry's bed. "Wake up, Ronald!" She was very close to Ron's face, and he tossed and turned groggily.

"Ronald!" She shoved her candle in his face. It was so close that it could've caught his bangs on fire if he moved any closer.

"Bloody hell!" He gasped, sitting up and covering his shirt-less chest with his Chudley Cannons blanket.

"Honestly, get dressed." Hermione snapped, placing her candle on Ron's nightstand. Harry's hand went to his scar on his forehead, and he winced in pain.

"Voldemort?" I asked softly, and he nodded.

"Come on, Ron!" Hermione yelled from the doorway. "Your mother has breakfast ready!"

Ron rolled his eyes and fell back into his bed, his mouth wide open.

"Get up!" I yelled, hitting him with one of his own pillows.

"Ow!" He whined. "I thought you'd be nicer than her."

"You thought wrong, Weasley. Get up." I scoffed as I left the room.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table in the kitchen.

"We've got a bit of a walk." Mr. Weasley said happily as he flicked through the Daily Prophet. Everyone in the room, including Hermione and I, let out a large, tired groan.

"Walk?" Harry asked as Mrs. Weasley loaded his plate with bacon. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away." Mr. Weasley smiled. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup —"

"George!" Mrs. Weasley yelled, and we all jumped.

"What?" George asked in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" Mrs. Weasley shouted furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

The twins had clearly attempted to sneak out as many toffees from the house as they could. Mrs. Weasley had to resort to her Summoning Charm in order to locate and retrieve all of them, creating quite the unpleasant scene.