xiii ; harry's firebolt

A/N

this is kinda just a filler chapter sorry

-

Over the past few weeks, Harry and I had continued to go to Professor Lupin's class every Tuesday for Patronus lessons instead of Hogsmeade. Even though I didn't really need them since I was now producing a Patronus nearly every time, Harry was still stuck at white mist.

He was trying his best to be supportive, but I knew it was ticking him off. I decided that if I used the passages from the map without him, it would just set him over the edge.

One thing that made me a bit upset, however, was that Harry would refuse to let me see the map. It was like he was hiding something from me. The day after he got it, he opened it for me to see and he quickly yanked it back right after, like he had spotted something I wasn't supposed to.

On top of everything, Ron and Hermione were now at each others throat over her stupid cat, and Ron's "rat." Ron had found a puddle of blood along with orange cat hairs in his dorm, and he's convinced that Scabbers had been eaten.

I disagreed. To me, Scabbers was clearly not a normal garden rat, therefore he was very much capable of escaping a stupid cat. Hermione agreed with me. (Not about the fact that he wasn't a rat, but it didn't matter.)

Harry had been in a considerably annoying mood because Hermione had gotten his Firebolt confiscated. Luckily for me, McGonagall said that there's nothing she could do about the money.

"Did you see his face?" Ron laughed gleefully as he walked into the Great Hall, next to Harry who was proudly carrying his new Firebolt. "He can't believe it! This is brilliant!"

"Aren't you going to thank me for not letting you buy it yourself, Potter?" I asked as Harry sat next to me and laid the Firebolt carefully on the table.

"Thank you, Jupiter." Harry said, dragging out 'Jupiter.' I smacked him on the shoulder.

Soon enough, there were people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff coming over to see Harry's new broom. It was getting extremely annoying. There was a random group of Ravenclaw girls, who were a bit too chatty with Harry for my liking, Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff, Roger Davies from Ravenclaw, Justin Finch-Fletcher, and so many more.

One stood out to me, however.

Fifth year, Cedric Diggory came over to congratulate Harry on having acquired such a superb replacement for his Nimbus. I tried not to think to hard about him smiling at me.

Percy Weasley came over with a tall blonde girl, who was gawking at the new broom.

"Can I hold it?" She asked Harry, which he nodded to.

"Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" Percy laughed heartily. My mouth fell open as I looked over to Ron, who nodded. Percy actually did have a girlfriend, he wasn't full of it. And she wasn't ugly, either. "Penelope and I have got a bet on. Ten galleons on the outcome of the match!"

"Thank you." Penelope smiled as she placed the Firebolt back in its original position and went back to the Ravenclaw table.

"Harry, make sure you win." Percy whispered to Harry. "I haven't got ten galleons." He hurried off to join his girlfriend.

Before any of us could make fun of him, we heard a cold, drawling voice. "Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?"

"Yeah, reckon so." Harry shrugged casually.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" Draco asked, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute. Incase you get too close to a dementor."