xix ; would've, could've, should've

A/N

thank you for 500 reads ❤️

-

"If you want to kill them, you'll have to kill me too!" Hermione said, moving quickly in front of Harry and I.

"No." Black snarled, his eyes fixated on something behind us. "Only one will die tonight."

One.

I realized Professor Lupin was right. Black wasn't going to hurt me. All he wanted was Harry.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry yelled, starting forward and bringing his hands to Black's neck. He pushed Black to the ground and sat on his chest, his wand pointing at Black's throat.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Black laughed maniacally.

"Harry, get off of him." I blurted. Sirius Black didn't deserve my attention, nor my saving, but a part of me didn't want him dead.

"Jupiter, shut up." Harry muttered, digging his wand deeper into Black's throat.

"Jupiter?" Black gasped, his head quickly turning towards me. He didn't even know I was here. I wasn't recognizable unlike Harry with his scar sticking out behind his unruly hair, but now, as he looked at me with his striking blue eyes, I recognized him more than ever.

"Expelliarmus!"

Professor Lupin stood in the doorway with Harry's wand in his hand. Lupin nodded his head, and Harry scrambled off of Black and back into our corner.

"Well, well, Sirius." Lupin tutted as he slowly walked over to Black on the floor. "Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Black grinned, and Lupin lowered his wand then held out a hand to help Black off the ground then pulled him into an embrace.

"He's here, Remus. I found him." Black said, his eyes welling with tears of joy.

"I know." Lupin sighed, pulling away slightly to look him in the eyes.

"Let's kill him." Black hissed.

"No!" Hermione yelled, stepping forward again. "I trusted you! All this time, I trusted you! He's a werewolf! That's why he gets sick every month!"

"How long have you known?" Lupin asked, his eyebrow raised in impressment.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay on werewolves." Hermione answered, her angry boldness quickly fading away.

"My, my, Hermione, you really are one of the brightest witches of your age." Lupin praised her, then looked over at Harry and Ron's faces of shock. "I'm surprised you didn't tell them, Jupiter."

"I should've. I should've told everyone, I could've gotten you fired. If I have known you were helping him, I would've in a heartbeat." I said. "I should've never protected you." I felt my voice faltering as Professor Lupin looked down to the floor with guilt. I tried not to pay attention to Black's eyes being locked on me.

"You're right. I owe you a great debt, Jupiter-"

"OH, GET ON WITH IT!" Black yelled as he grabbed Harry's wand from Lupin's hand.

"Sirius, just wait!"

"I've done my waiting!" Black cried. "Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!"

"Just wait a minute more. Harry has a right to know why." Lupin said, holding a finger up to Black.

"I know why." Harry scoffed, moving closer to Black again. "You killed my parents. You betrayed them." Black rolled his eyes and turned away from us.

"Someone did betray your parents, Harry, and I, too, thought it was Sirius for twelve years until you told me you saw Peter Pettigrew on the map." Lupin said calmly.