xxx ; the flying shoe

"Anything from the trolley?" The trolley witch called from down the corridor. Harry quickly stood up and begun to dig in his trunk above the seats, while Ron searched his pockets for any loose change.

I, because I am loads smarter than those two fools, simply remembered to bring my money bag on the train with me. Hermione sat next to me, rolling her eyes at the boys as she read from her newspaper, the Dark Mark displayed on the front page.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" The witch asked, rolling her cart in front of our open compartment door.

"Get me a pasty." I said, handing Harry a sickle.

"Packet of Drooble's and a licorice wand." Ron ordered, pulling out his change. "On second thought, just the droobles." He muttered as he counted the coins in his hand.

"It's alright, I'll get it." Harry offered, and Ron looked to him with embarrassment.

"Just the droobles." Ron said quietly as he sat back down across from Hermione.

"Two chocolate frogs, please." A sickly sweet voice said from outside. Cora Farraway. I pursed my lips together and felt myself glaring at the back of Harry's head a bit too hard. Don't talk to him, I thought.

"Hi, Harry!"

Damn.

"Hey, Cora." Harry smiled as the witch handed out the chocolate frogs.

I felt a tap on my wrist, and looked over to see Hermione trying not to let a laugh escape her lips. "Calm down," she whispered. A small snort came from Ron across from me as he chewed on a drooble. I felt my cheeks get warm as I looked to the floor of the train.

"I'll see you when we get there." Cora said as she paid the trolley witch.

"See you." Harry said, and she gave him a quick smile before she headed back into her compartment. "Two pumpkin pastys please."

Harry came back into the compartment and shut the door, throwing me a pasty as he reclaimed his seat by the window across from me.

"This is horrible." Hermione sighed, returning her attention back to her newspaper. "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security?"

"Loads." Ron mumbled, his mouth full of droobles. "According to Dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses."

I watched as Harry brought a hand up to his forehead and itched his scar quietly.

"Harry, what was in that dream you had?" I asked as Harry's eyes widened. "You've been touching your scar ever since."

"Er- I saw Voldemort." Harry said quietly. "Present Voldemort."

"But he wasn't there, was he? You-Know-Who? I mean, last time your scar kept hurting, he was at Hogwarts, wasn't he?" Ron asked, quickly sitting up in his seat. He put down his box of droobles.

"I'm sure he wasn't on Privet Drive," Harry said. "But I was dreaming about him... him and Peter — you know, Wormtail. I can't remember all of it now, but they were plotting to kill... someone."

"It was only a dream," Ron said bracingly. "Just a nightmare."

"Yeah, but was it, though?" Harry sighed, then pulled his eyes back to me. "Have you gotten any dreams lately? Any like mine?"

"My last one was when I fell in the lake. But even if I had, I only get past memories. Things that happened before you killed Voldemort." I said, and Ron let out a large uncomfortable groan.

"Don't say his name!" He hissed through gritted teeth.

Harry rolled his eyes, then looked out the window at the mountains. "It's weird, isn't it?My scar hurts, and three days later the Death Eaters are on the march, and Voldemort's sign's up in the sky again."