ix ; crucio

"Good day," said the misty voice of Professor Trelawney right behind Harry, Ron and I, making both of us jump as we entered the Divination tower. Harry and Ron scurried to a table, leaving me alone. I let out a small huff, and Harry gave me a guilty smile as I crossed my arms. Not having Hermione in divination was going to be rough.

"Jove!" A voice whispered from the table next to them. My eyes darted over, and I saw the familiar face of the girl I met in London, Naomi Kaur.

Naomi Kaur is one of the most charming people I've ever met. With her striking dark hair, often styled elegantly, and large captivating eyes, she simply exuded confidence and charisma. Just being around her made me feel better about myself, only because of the sheer positivity she put out. I sat in the seat next to her, my back to Harry.

"You are preoccupied, my dear," Professor Trelawney said mournfully to Harry. "My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas, most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass and perhaps sooner than you think."

Her voice dropped almost to a whisper. Professor Trelawney swept past them and seated herself in a large winged armchair before the fire, facing the class. Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil, who deeply admired Professor Trelawney, were sitting on poufs very close to her.

"My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars," she said. "The movements of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance. Human destiny may be deciphered by the planetary rays, which intermingle within the stars that lay beneath our very minds. And well, my dear, it is obvious that you were born under the baleful influence of Saturn, yes?" She looked at Harry, who didn't seem to be paying any attention at all as he stared off behind her, his chin resting in his hand comfortably.

"Harry!" Ron muttered.

"What?"

"I was saying, my dear, that you were clearly born under the baleful influence of Saturn," said Professor Trelawney, a faint note of resentment in her voice at the fact that he had obviously not been hanging on her words.

"Born under — what, sorry?" Harry asked.

"Saturn, dear, the planet Saturn!" said Professor Trelawney, sounding definitely irritated that he wasn't riveted by this news.

"I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth... Your dark hair.. your mean stature... tragic losses so young in life... I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"

"No," Harry said blankly, "I was born in July."

Ron hastily turned his laugh into a hacking cough.

"Voldemort's birthday is in midwinter, she probably just got you mixed up." I whispered to Harry, leaning back slightly so our faces were closer.

"Are you calling me Voldemort, Black?" He muttered with a bit of laughter.

"What if I am?" I shrugged, biting my bottom lip so that I wouldn't showcase my smile to the whole class.

"Why do you even know that?" He laughed quietly as he leaned even far backwards. His back was pressing against mine, and he was using me for support to lean back on his pouf.

"Did you forget? Seriously? He's in my head." I said, and Naomi's unfocused eyes quickly shot over to me.

"Who's in your head?" She asked, a disturbed, yet amused smile on her face.

"Just the voices." I shrugged casually as I sat normally without warning. Harry fell backwards off of his pouf, and onto the floor.

Everyone looked over to Harry, whose face flushed red as he hurried back onto his pouf and Professor Trelawney handed out the very dull yet complicated birth chart timetable homework.