v ; veela

-HARRY-

I watched the fear leave Jupiter's face as her eyes zoomed around the stadium in amazement. I wished she could've seen herself in this moment because she had truly never been more beautiful. Her excitement tugged at the corners of her lips, and a smile formed across her pink cheeks.

"What do you think?" I asked. I subtly wrapped my arms around her shoulders, hoping it would pass as giving her extra support. Something about her pulled me in like an anchor. I couldn't help but want to be close to her.

"It's beautiful." She said. I watched as her brown eyes absorbed every bit of color thrown her way. I decided that I never wanted to stop watching her, because why would I? Nothing made my heart pound out of my chest like this, and nothing made my stomach fill with butterflies more than the sight of her smile, even if it wasn't at me.

"Yeah, it is," I muttered, not attempting to hide my infatuation with her. She looked back at me, her eyes meeting mine. She opened her mouth like she was going to say something, but changed her mind and her lips moved into a flustered smile as her already pink cheeks began to flush even more. I felt her breathing get heavier against my arms, which were still wrapped snugly over her collarbone.

"Ladies and gentlemen... welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" A booming voice announced as it filled the stadium, pulling both of our attention away from each other. "The spectators screamed and clapped. Thousands of flags waved, adding their national anthems to the racket. "And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce... the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!" The right-hand side of the stands, which was a solid block of scarlet, roared its approval.

"I wonder what they've brought." Mr. Weasley said, leaning forward in his seat. "Aaah!" He suddenly whipped off his glasses and polished them hurriedly on his robes. "Veela!"

"What are Veela?" I asked, and I heard Jupiter let out a small groan. I made up my mind that I didn't want to know if she didn't like them. Nothing felt worth liking if Jupiter didn't agree.

But a hundred veela were now gliding out onto the field, and those thoughts were quickly pushed aside. Veela were women, the most beautiful women I had ever seen... not more beautiful than Jupiter, though.

The thought of Jupiter pulled me out of my daze slightly, and I felt more grounded to the floor as I tightened my grip around her shoulders. I tried not to watch the women because I didn't like how they made me forget about her so quickly.

Keeping my eyes away from the women was harder than I anticipated as they glided across the field. I wondered what could make their skin shine moon-bright like that, or their white-gold hair fan out behind them without wind... but then the music started, and I stopped worrying about them being human. In fact, I stopped worrying about anything at all.

The veela had started to dance, and my mind had gone completely and blissfully blank. All that mattered in the world was that I kept watching the veela, because if they stopped dancing, terrible things would happen...

And as the veela danced faster and faster, wild, half-formed thoughts started chasing through my dazed mind. I wanted to do something very impressive, right now. Jumping from the box into the stadium seemed a good idea... but would it be good enough?

I tried to move to the edge, but I felt resistance. My arms were still wrapped around Jupiter, and her hand was gripping my wrist to stop me from moving too far.

"What are you doing?" She asked, an annoyed look masking the happiness I had relished seeing only a few moments ago.

"I... I don't know." I said, and the music suddenly stopped. I blinked for a moment, trying to regain my composure.