xiv ; gonna be okay

A/N

hellooooooo! sorry for no update today, i had my birthday party pretty much all day so whoopsies!

-

"Hey, Jove!" A voice called behind me as I sat on the couch of the common room. Naomi had been dragging Christina Farraway down from their dormitory.

"Hey. Where are you two off to?" I asked, pushing my Divination homework aside. It was a lot less fun making up ways I could die without Ron and Harry. I figured they had gone to Hagrid's or were outside somewhere, but the last person I wanted to see was Harry.

"It's nearly seven! The feast already started and the champion selection should be starting soon. Are you coming?" Naomi grinned excitedly.

"It's already seven?" I gawked, quickly getting up from the red sofa. I had talked to Cedric longer than I thought. He was surprisingly easy to pass the time with. "Can I sit with you guys?"

Naomi nodded as we started to walk through the portrait hole.

"What, did you and Potter break up?" Christina asked with a slight smirk.

I nearly choked on my own spit. "Er- we were never together. I just don't want to be near him right now, if that's alright."

"You're always welcome to sit with us." Naomi smiled softly. She nudged Christina in the side with her elbow. "Right, Chris?"

"Yeah, I suppose." Christina sighed, casually hopping over one of the trick steps down to the entrance hall. Christina and Naomi were about the strangest best friends I had ever seen. I had never met two people who were more different. Well, except maybe for Christina and her sister.

"I appreciate it anyways." I laughed as we walked into the Great Hall, where the food had already been moved to the tables. The Goblet of Fire had been moved from the entrance hall and to a large empty space in front of Dumbledore's chair. Fred and George, who were thankfully clean-shaven again, seemed to have taken their disappointment fairly well as they gathered bets from the other tables on who they expected to get picked.

"Ooh, I hope it's Angelina!" Naomi said as we took a seat further down the table than I normally sat. It felt odd, sitting near the right edge of the table. The entire hall somehow seemed different. As much as I adored Naomi, I hoped it wouldn't stay this way.

"It better be her." Christina muttered, resting her chin on her hand. "I'd probably transfer to Durmstrang if a Slytherin got picked. Much less a Hufflepuff. Can you imagine how insufferable Cora would be if Diggory actually got chosen?"

"Yes, very insufferable." Naomi said casually as she unfolded a napkin and laid it over her her skirt. This seemed to be a common topic between them. "Jove, how would you feel if Diggory got picked? You two seem to be particularly close."

I rolled my eyes as she watched me with an excited grin and lovey-dovey eyes. "Relax, Diggory and I definitely aren't that close. Besides, I fancy Potter way more than I fancy him." I sighed, glancing down towards to the other end of the table, where I could see my three friends sitting. Ron and Hermione seemed to be bickering about something, probably about S.P.E.W, while Harry sat there with his hands folded in his lap quietly.

"Ugh, who cares about Potter? Diggory is way taller." Naomi shrugged as she twisted a few pieces of pasta around her fork.

"Barely." I said quickly.

"And you're fifteen now. You can't be seen with a younger man." Naomi said, making even Christina laugh.

"That's the stupidest thing that's ever come out of your mouth." She laughed from the other side of Naomi.