xiv ; moony

A/N
sorry for lack of updates for so long i've been super busy with school work

-

    It's no surprise that Neville Longbottom quickly became an outcast. He had been banned from all future Hogsmeade visits, given a detention, and to add on top of it all, nobody was allowed to give him the password. Poor Neville was forced to wait outside the common room every night for somebody to let him him in.

Throughout the day, the Hogwarts staff began to quickly tighten security measures. Professor Flitwick tought the doors how to recognize Sirius Black, Filch was boarding up every tiny crack or mouse hole in the walls and Sir Cadogan had been fired. (Finally.)

The ability to relish his absence was very short lasted, because next thing I knew, there were four security trolls standing in front of the Fat Lady.

"D'you reckon we should tell someone?" Harry asked, his mind on the One-Eyed-Witch passageway.

"If that gets boarded up and you'll never be able to go to Hogsmeade again." I shrugged, and Harry nodded.

"Besides, we know he's not coming in through Honeydukes." Ron said. "We'd've heard if the shop had been broken into."

Ron had become something of a celebrity around Hogwarts, and it was becoming rather annoying to have to sit and listen to him tell the story over and over again to anyone who would listen.

"Why did he run away?" He asked himself after the two second years he was yapping to scurried away.

"What'd you mean?" I asked him as we walked down the corridor to the Great Hall.

"I mean, he could've killed me once he realized he had the wrong bed. It would've been easy to just-" He imitated stabbing someone. "Then move onto Harry."

"I suppose by the time he killed you and Harry, he would've had to kill everyone in the dorms then the teachers. A lot of work, honestly." I said.

"You talk like you know." Harry joked.

"Maybe I do." I shrugged.

Before he could react to my joke, the school owls swooped into the Great Hall with the mail as usual, and Neville choked as a huge barn owl landed in front of him. It was carrying a scarlet envelope.

"Run for it, Neville." Ron said grimly. I recognized the letter immediately. I had gotten one my first year after Draco blabbed to my mother about my sorting.

Neville didn't need to be told twice. He grabbed the envelope and sprinted out of the hall. The Slytherin table burst into laughter at the sight of him running. Neville's grandmothers shrill voice could be heard from the entrance hall as the envelope exploded.

"Ouch!" Harry yelled, "oh! Thanks, Hedwig." He grabbed a letter from his owl's beak as it bit him.

It read:

"Dear Jove, Harry, and Ron,

How about having tea with me this afternoon 'round six?
I'll come and collect you from the castle.
WAIT FOR ME IN THE ENTRANCE HALL;
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED OUT ON YOUR OWN.
Cheers,
Hagrid"

He probably wants to hear all about Black!" Ron said. I rolled my eyes, then proceeded to smack both of the boys on the back of their thick heads.

"Ow!" Ron gasped.

"What was that for?" Harry snapped. He rubbed his head.

"Neither of you are going to ask why he didn't invite Hermione?" I scoffed. Harry suddenly turned a bright shade of red, while Ron looked unbothered.