xx ; someone in particular

A/N

I'm so sorry for not updating, I think things will start to get back to normal after this ❤️❤️

-

"Hey, Harry." Cora Farraway smiled to Harry as she walked down the Great Hall. It was only the morning after the first task, and people were already obsessing over Harry as if they hadn't just bullied him for months straight.

"Hey, Farraway." I answered for him as he opened his mouth. Harry and I hadn't had a moment alone since the tent, yet I still felt that I had a claim on him. Not some moronic, wolfy claim or anything of that sort, but Harry was mine. All yesterday did was confirm that.

"Oh, erm... Hello, Lestrange." She said, her cheery smile fading into a polite and slightly awkward one.

"Black." I said, crossing my arms from the table as I stared at her blankly.

"Sorry?"

"Not Lestrange. Black." I corrected, and her eyes widened slightly as she made the connection.

"You- uh- alright, then..." She stuttered, subconsciously taking a step back. "I'll see you around, then." She turned on her heel and quickly walked back to the Hufflepuff table.

"Mate, you need to calm down." Ron mumbled through a mouthful of porridge.

"I need to calm down?" I scoffed. "She needs to calm down! It's not like I'm going to kill her or something."

"You were looking at her like it." Harry shrugged from beside me.

"So? She deserved it."

"All she did was say hello." Hermione said, absentmindedly pulling a napkin from the table to wipe up the mess Ron was creating over the wood surface.

"Yeah, but she said it to Harry." I reasoned, and Ron looked up from his almost empty bowl.

"Why does that matter, Jove?" He asked, a knowing smile plastered across his round face.

"I- er-" I stuttered as Ron and Hermione watched me intently, both of them smiling like mad while Harry had found a sudden interest in the ceiling. His lips were pursed as he fought back a proud smirk. "I'm just protecting him. She only fancies him because he's famous."

"That's the only reason someone would fancy me?" Harry asked, pulling his eyes from the ceiling. He was no longer fighting the confident smirk, and I felt every word I could think of leave my head. Merlin, I hated him.

"There's more reasons than that." I scoffed after a brief panic. I rolled my eyes at him in a desperate attempt to seem like he wasn't making my stomach do backflips.

"Like what?" Ron asked, leaning forward on the table anticipatingly.

"Yeah, Jo, like what?" Harry smiled, cocking his head slightly. His dimples were prominent next to his smile as he grinned at me knowingly. There were large scars on across his cheeks, seeming as they were done by a magical being so Madam Pomfrey couldn't heal them, and his arm was wrapped tightly in a sling.

"Er... you're tall."

"You only fancy me because I'm tall?"

CLANG.

Hermione had dropped her fork on her plate.

"Shut up, Potter." I muttered, pushing him by the shoulder as I felt my face go red. Ron and Hermione were sitting across from us, both of their mouths open in shock, while Harry, on the other hand, seemed very pleased with himself.

"I'll take that as a no then." He smirked, casually taking a drink of his pumpkin juice.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley!"