xix ; the boy who kissed me

A/N

im sorry for the lack of updates, writers block hits hard 😥 also i'll try and upload a chapter either tomorrow or sunday but i have a dance comp again so it's not likely

-

My head was still spinning when I entered the Gryffindor common room after walking back from the tent, and sure enough, it had been booming with cheers and yells again.

There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface; Lee Jordan had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks; and Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire. I made him take those down, to which he didn't argue. (Dean had always been slightly terrified of me.)

I had been trying to make my way through the loud crowd when I felt a body fall on top of me, accompanied with a high-pitched
"Hey!"

Naomi had been stumbling through the room, a near-empty bottle of fire-whiskey clutched in her hand. "Have you seen Chris?"

"No, why?" I asked, grabbing her by the shoulders so she wouldn't topple over.

"I wanna snog her!" She grinned, making my mouth fall open slightly.

"Maybe you should wait till you're sober for that?" I laughed, trying to subtly take the bottle from her hand. I doubted she'd even remember this in the morning from how pissed she was.

"Chris won't want to when she's sober! She's weird about this kind of shit!" Naomi groaned, her body swaying to the loud music nonchalantly.

"Maybe she's with her sister?" I shrugged, and even though Naomi was wasted out of her mind, she still knew that was stupid.

"As if!" Naomi scoffed. "Chris wants nothing to do with Cora. Bloody hates her! Speaking of Cora, I heard you've got to watch your back, Black!"

"What?"

"Cora's coming for Potter! She's gonna ask him to the ball!"

Before I could ask what she was rambling about, there was a sudden burst of cheers from the center of the room.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry!" Fred grinned as him and George lifted a very red-cheeked and smiley Harry onto their shoulders. I felt myself start to lose my senses at the sight of his blissful smile.

"Lose a leg."

"Or an arm!"

"Pack it in altogether?" Both twins said together. "Never!"

I could see Harry bobbing above the heads of the surrounding Gryffindor's who were cheering like mad and passing around the Golden Egg Harry had retrieved. Naomi had slipped out from my arm amidst the chaos, but I still had the bottle of Firewhiskey in my hand, so I wasn't too worried.

"Shush!" Seamus Finnegan yelled, kissing the egg briefly before throwing it up to Harry. "Go on, Harry! What's the clue?"

Harry paused for a moment, then a confident smirk spread across his cheeks. "Who wants me to open it?"

I rolled my eyes at him as he let his incredibly large ego get the better of him. How was this the man I fancied? How was this the man I snogged less than an hour ago?

The whole common room cheered, and even I clapped slightly as I laughed at his idiotic grin.

"Do you want me to open it?" He asked again, riling up the crowd even more. Harry pried the egg open, but the moment he did, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room.