iv ; acromantula

"You actually got that monster?" Ron gasped as Hermione and I walked out of the store, Crookshanks huddled in Hermione's arms.

"Isn't he gorgeous?" Hermione swooned as she smiled down at her new cat.

Gorgeous was definitely a way to describe him. The cat was bowlegged, and his face looked grumpy and oddly squashed, as though he had run into a brick wall.

"Hermione, that thing nearly scalped me!" Ron huffed.

"He didn't mean to, did you, Crookshanks?" Hermione asked her cat in a very un-Hermione-like baby voice.

"What about Scabbers?" Ron groaned. "He needs his rest! How's he going to get it with that thing running around?"

"By the way, Ron. You forgot your rat tonic." I said, handing Ron the small red bottle. "I doubt it'll work anyways since he probably isn't even a rat."

"Ha-ha." Ron muttered as he pocketed the tonic.

"I wasn't joking." I whispered to Hermione, who fought a small laugh.

"Ron, stop worrying." Hermione groaned. "Crookshanks will be sleeping in my dormitory and Scabbers will be in yours. What's the problem? Poor Crookshanks, that witch said he'd been in there for ages; no one wanted him."

"I wonder why." Ron said, rolling his eyes as we set off towards the Leaky Cauldron.

There we found Mr. Weasley sitting in the bar reading a copy of the Daily Prophet. "Harry! Jove!" Mr. Weasley grinned as he looked up from his paper. "Good to see you two!" I had become very fond of Mr. Weasley after last summer, where I stayed at the Burrow after his sons picked me up in his flying car.

Harry, however, wasn't interested in catching up with Mr. Weasley. He was staring at the photo of Sirius Black on the front of the Daily Prophet. "So they still haven't caught him, then?" Harry asked.

"No." Mr. Weasley sighed, his face flushing white. "They've put us off all our regular jobs at the ministry to try and find him, but no luck so far."

"Would we get a reward if we caught him?" Ron asked. "I'd be good to get some more money."

If they needed money, why'd they go to Egypt? I thought.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron." Mr. Weasley dismissed. "Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen-year-old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards will get them back, you mark my words."

At that moment, Mrs. Weasley entered the bar, her arms filled with shopping bags. She was followed by the twins, Fred and George, Percy (who was just elected as Head Boy, and surely wouldn't let anyone forget about it), and the Weasley's youngest child, Ginny. I quite liked Ginny, and I especially liked Ginny's major crush on Harry. I found it extremely amusing, but Harry disagreed. Ginny muttered a very short "Hello" to Harry as I walked past without looking at him.

"Shut up." Harry whispered to me, as I struggled to stifle my laughs. I took notice of his small smirk, however.

"Hello, Harry. How nice to see you." Percy said, holding his hand out to Harry.

"Hello, Percy."

"I hope your well?" Percy asked, very sophisticated-like.

"Very well, thanks-" Harry said in a similar voice.

"Harry!" Fred called as he elbowed Percy out of the way and bowed deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old chap."

"And Miss Jupiter, absolutely spiffing to make your marvelous acquaintance, yes." George said in a very fancy accent as he took my hand and went into a deep curtsy.