xxi; the deadline

A/N

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K ❤️❤️❤️

also thoughts on tortured poets? 😋

-

-HARRY-

Two days ago, I would have said that asking Jupiter to the ball would be a cinch compared to taking on a Hungarian Horntail. But now that I had done the latter, and was now facing the prospect of actually asking her to the ball, I figured I'd rather have another round with the dragon.

Was I going to ask her the moment Professor McGonagall forced us to dance? Obviously. But unsurprisingly, Neville swooped in and I was stuck with Hermione. Now, I'm not saying Hermione's a horrible dance partner, certainly better than a random girl, but she's not like Jupiter. I don't reckon anyone's like Jupiter, honestly.

Maybe it was for the better, Neville stealing her. Maybe she would've said no anyways. She pretended like I never kissed her, so maybe she regretted it. I wouldn't be surprised if she did, not at all. I wasn't entirely sure why she even fancied me. Yeah, I'm famous and all, but that seems to be about it.

Now that I think about it, why did I even fancy Jupiter? (I mean, besides the fact that she's absolutely stunning.) She bullies me more than Malfoy, yet she could probably hit me with a bus and I still would apologize to her for being in her way. I quite like when she bullies me though, only because I get to see her smile or laugh. In fact, there's not one reason to not be absolutely mad over her. Not one.

"Listen, mate, she'll say yes." Ron said as we walked through the courtyard, which was full of chattering girls in large groups. They all giggled at me when I walked past.

"Yeah, I thought that until last night." I shrugged, lowering my head so I wouldn't make eye contact with the third year coming my way.

"Hello, um, I'm Suzanne." She smiled in front of me, looking up at me nervously. She had bouncy curls that rested on top of her shoulders, and bright blue eyes.

"Er- hello."

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to the dance with me?" She asked squeakily.

"I've already got a date." I sighed, and the hopeful smile faded from her tiny face.

"Oh, okay." She muttered, then turned and walked back to her friends.

"Why won't Jove say yes to you?" Ron asked unsympathetically as he watched the third-year slump away.

"You can't tell her I told you this, alright?" I sighed, biting my bottom lip nervously. "I snogged her."

"YOU SNOGGED-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, forcing my hand over his mouth. A group of Ravenclaw girls I didn't recognize were standing near us, upset frowns upon their faces as they stared at me. Ron was mumbling against my hand as I hurried him over to one of the hallways in the yard.

"You snogged Jove?" He hissed as I pulled my hand from his mouth and wiped it on my robes.

"Erm- I guess it was more of a long kiss." I said awkwardly. I wondered if she'd be mad at me for calling it a snog.

"She said nothing happened, though!"

"Yeah, exactly. That's why I'm nervous to ask her to the ball. Figured she wanted to forget it happened." I muttered, continuing to walk down the crowded hall with my head low and my hands in my pockets.

"Was it a good snog, at least?" He asked, running a bit to catch up with me.

"Er- I thought it was. I don't really know, I don't have anything to compare it to." I shrugged, and Ron's big eyes lit up.