Chapter 13

It's been several days since the state semi game. Mom decided to have a barbeque to celebrate being the first one to reach the state semi round and to also celebrate my full ride scholarship and acceptance into Mountain View High. She invited her side of the family over, Bianca's parents, and Lexa and her parents. My mom, Lexa's parents, and Bianca's parents are in the kitchen prepping the food while bonding while my uncle works the grill. Meanwhile me, Lexa, Bianca, and Rodrik are playing in the pool.

We are having a chicken fight, Lexa is on my shoulders and Bianca is on Rodrik's shoulders when mom tells us to get out and dry off cuz the food was ready. We climb out and begin to dry off when mom tells me to grab the bag she left in her car. I finish drying off before grabbing her keys and walking over to the side gate. I open the gate only to come face to face with Kaitlyn. "Kaitlyn..." I say in shock. "Rika...hey" Kaitlyn says, "I was just about to knock." "It's Ryker, you know this" I say, "What do you-what are you doing here?" "I just-can we talk" Kaitlyn asks, "In private."

"Um, now's not a good time" I say. "It will only take a minute" Kaitlyn says. "Ryker what's tak-" Lexa says walking over before glaring at Kaitlyn, "Oh it's you." "What is this bitch doing here" Kaitlyn asks glaring back. "You're one to talk" Lexa says. "Lexa" I say before Kaitlyn can reply, "Can you give us a minute?" Lexa looks over at me glancing at Kaitlyn before looking back at me. "Please" I say. "Okay" Lexa says looking back at Kaitlyn before kissing my cheek. "Bitch" Kaitlyn mutters as Lexa walks away. "What do you want Kaitlyn" I ask, "You have thirty seconds."

"I'm sorry for everything" Kaitlyn says, "I never meant to unintentionally out you and then ignore you." "What's done is done, nothing can change it" I say, "Is that it?" "I miss you...I miss my best friend" Kaitlyn says, "I miss hanging out with you, I miss spending time together, I miss you always being there for me, I miss you by my side, I miss...I just miss you." "Your thirty seconds are up" I say walking past her to my moms car. "That's all you have to say" Kaitlyn asks. "What else is there to say" I ask turning to face her. "What about I miss you too Kaitlyn. Or I want things to go back to the way they were before" Kaitlyn says, "Or what about an I forgive you."

"You're kidding me right" I ask. "What's the big deal" Kaitlyn asks. "You're unbelievable. I try talking to you for months and you go out of your way to ignore and avoid me until I give up" I say, "Then you have the audacity to get mad at me when the tables are flipped." "I told you I needed time Rika" Kaitlyn says. "You want to talk fine, then listen " I say, "It's Ryker, get it right. After I told you, you started hanging out with those assholes you bullied me and you did nothing. I gave you time and when I tried to talk to you, you went out of your way to avoid me by making sure you were always with at least one of them and ignored my texts and calls."

"And I'm sorry" Kaitlyn says. "I'm not finished" I say stopping Kaitlyn from saying whatever she was going to say next, "You were my best friend and I thought you were the one person that would always be there for me through thick and thin and you would never abandon me. Then your true colors were revealed and it hurt. I cried myself to sleep for weeks because I was so devastated and I was always in my head trying to figure out what was so wrong with me that would cause you to do that. It took me a while but I finally figured out that there was nothing wrong with me and that's just what kind of person you are."

I walk past Kaitlyn towards the open gate. "Rika..." Kaitlyn says. I pause at the gate and turn around. "Thank you Kaitlyn for providing me with this valuable lesson and making me a stronger person because of it" I say, "You are my best friend and my first crush and will always have a place in my heart but I think we shouldn't be friends anymore and need to cut ties with each other. We need to go our separate ways." "No..." Kaitlyn says pulling me into a hug, our last hug. After a few seconds, I pull away, "And I forgive you." I give her a small smile before turning and walking away from a crying Kaitlyn and this chapter of my life.

Thanks for reading.  I know this is a short chapter and I apologize for that, but it needed to come out in order to move the story to the next part.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.