Chapter 16

Entry # 52

Nothing super big happened during junior and senior year. Me, Pedro, and Lincoln made the football both years and were starters. We all got many offers from multiple schools and decided to all go to the same college. I had also decided that I was going to whatever college Lexa was going to and I told them that. Lexa had decided to pursue theater and was taking acting classes on the side. Shortly after a almost perfect season senior year, Lexa told me that she chose Texas Tech, so that is where we all went and are currently finishing our final year of college at.

I graduated from high school and Rodrik graduated from college, entering the NFL draft. He got picked fourth in the first round by the Texans. That night we celebrated Rodrik getting picked and also that Bianca was pregnant again. That summer I spent as much time with my mom, Cole, and Rodrik as possible since I was going away to college in the fall. Halfway through summer I had to say goodbye to Rodrik and Bianca since they had to leave. When summer officially came to an end, I said goodbye to mom and Cole, before heading off to college and the next chapter in my life.

Me, Lincoln, and Pedro roomed together while Lexa was rooming with two random girls. Lexa quickly befriended one of the girls, Clove Southern and it didn't take long for Pedro to ask her out and for them to become official. Taking advantage of this, Clove and Lexa quickly came to an agreement that her and Pedro would switch and take each other's spots in the rooms. Luckily the third roommate was never in the room and me, Pedro, and Lincoln had befriended a few guys from the football team that Lincoln would bunk with on nights Lexa kicked him out of our room.

Adonis Harvey, who was a wide receiver like Lincoln, quickly became my second favorite target, another go-to receiver, and my favorite deep threat target. Kobe Turner, the running back, a great option to throw to in emergencies, and had a decent arm for trick plays. Then finally Enzo DeGraw, a running back turned cornerback, who just like Pedro gave me a run for my money anytime I threw the ball to whoever he was guarding. Adonis and Kobe clicked immediately with us but me and Enzo butted heads up until our first game.

While scrambling for my life, I didn't see anyone open and decided to run. I got the first down and saw a defender running at me, so I slid and got hit, losing the ball. The other team recovered the ball and the ref gave them the ball even though I was already down. A couple plays later Enzo intercepted the ball and almost ran it back for a touchdown. He told me to bring it home and the next play I scored a touchdown on a trick play. After that we became friends.

When football season was over, I would focus on theater since that was also a part of my scholarship. During summer me, Lexa, Pedro, and Lincoln would go home. Rodrik, Bianca, Raven, and Romeo, their son. And that's how each year went. Spend summer vacation at home, drive up for college, football/theater, then head home for summer. Freshman year we only lost a handful of games that season, sophomore year we only lost two regular season games but were knocked out in the semi finals, junior year we had a perfect season and won the championship game. We are looking for a repeat senior year and all that stands in our way is the championship game against our biggest rivals UT, University of Texas Longhorns.

That's everything- I can't believe I almost forgot about the biggest surprise. I am going to propose to Lexa after the game. The last time I visited home I told mom and Cole the news and Cole took me out ring shopping the next day. I also got Lexa's parents blessing and showed them the ring before we headed back up. Now that's everything, Ryker Quill out.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.