Chapter 15

Entry # 51

Freshman year was crazy, but nothing could compare to everything that happened sophomore year. Sophomore year started out normally with the addition that I was starting to grow facial hair and could go shirtless which drew a lot of attention, especially from the girls. Me, Lincoln, and Pedro once again made the football team and were starters. Lexa became a theater kid after joining the drama department. I would always encourage her to go for the lead and go to every performance. It was at this time that I realized that I had feelings for Lexa, that I always had but had pushed them down in fear of another Kaitlyn incident.

The homecoming dance was coming up and I decided to ask her. With the help of Pedro and Lincoln I came up with the perfect way to ask her. Lincoln and Pedro lead Lexa out to the outdoor patio and started playing one of her favorite songs from one of her favorite movies that she has made me watch a million times. I stepped out from around the corner and started singing as I slowly made my way towards her climbing over tables, chairs, benches, and walls. She started singing with me as she watched me slowly make my way towards her. When I finally reached her, I picked her up and spun around before putting her down and twirling her as Pedro handed me a bouquet of flowers.

Start at 1:13

When the song ended I gave her the flowers and once everyone stopped clapping, I asked her to the homecoming dance. After Lexa got over her shock, she said yes and threw her arms around my neck hugging me. I was approached by the drama teacher later that day and was asked to audition for the male role. I told her I would think about it and when I told Lexa she was excited and said I should. In the end I did and I got the male lead along with Lexa who got the female lead. And that wasn't the last role I auditioned for, once football season was over of course. To my surprise I really enjoyed it, but my passion was still football.

When I got home that day, I announced to mom, Rodrik, and Bianca who were down visiting for the weekend that I was the man. They were all happy for me. Bianca and mom took Lexa dress shopping the next day while Bianca was still in town for the weekend. Mom made sure to buy my tux and a corsage while she was out so that me and Lexa were matching. At the end of the homecoming game during the interview for the school paper when asked about the homecoming dance, I said I was going with my girlfriend as my way of asking her to be my girlfriend. When the interviewer asked for a picture of me with my girlfriend she said yes before pulling me into a kiss. And we have been dating ever since.

During Christmas break, when I was spending the night at Lexa's, I quickly ran home to grab an early surprise Christmas present for Lexa that I had forgotten to grab before I headed over to her place was when I was the one that got an early surprise present. When I entered my house, I saw my mom and some guy kissing. Mom was just as shocked as me when she saw me. I ran to my room and locked myself in before mom could explain. Several hours later, Lexa came by when I hadn't returned. I told her what I saw and she told me to give my mom a chance to explain. We ended up cuddling while watching a movie before I went to find mom and let her explain. I found her and the guy in the kitchen cooking. The guy noticed me first, "You must be Ryker, I'm Cole." He smiles walking over to me sticking his hand out and I just look at him.

After a few seconds he drops his hand still smiling, "It's nice to officially meet you." Mom instructs Cole to finish cooking and leads me to the living room. "I know you're not happy and have trust issues because of everything that happened in eighth grade" mom says, "But do you really think I would bring a guy home where you could potentially run into him or introduce you to him if he wouldn't accept you?" "No..." I reply. "Can you just give him a chance" mom asks, "I really like him." I cross my arms across my chest and begrudgingly say, "Fine." "Thank you Ryker" mom says. "I'm only doing this because I love you and want you to be happy" I say as mom hugs me. "I appreciate it and I love you too" she says.

During dinner, Cole tried talking to me but I just gave yes or no answers to him as I decided how I felt about this and him. At some point Cole mentioned that he was fixing a truck and then mom and Lexa roped me into helping Cole. A few days later, I met Cole at his mechanic shop on one of the closed days. As we were fixing the truck, Cole mentioned that growing up him and his dad never got along. That no matter what he did, he could never make him proud and blamed him for his mom leaving. He understood where I was coming from and respected that I needed time. He also told me that he would move at my pace and wouldn't force me into anything.

When I asked him why he was willing to do this he told me that he loved my mother and could honestly see himself spending the rest of his life with her and that I was her kid and she loved me so he saw me as his own kid. After we finished fixing the truck, he threw me the keys and told me that it was mine, no strings attached. When I declined, he said this was the first car he bought and always wanted to pass it down to his son. We came to an understanding after that and I gave him my blessing to make it official with my mom.

After that, he became a big part of my life and was the father my actual father never was. He came to all my games and plays, was always there if I needed to talk about anything or needed advice, and he accepted me for me. Once I finished sophomore year, Cole proposed to my mom and they got married a few months later. Rodrik and Bianca left college early so that Bianca would be surrounded by family when she had their baby, Raven Quill.  A month later, Rodrik and Bianca had a small wedding, just friends and family.

That summer I had bottom surgery and for the first time in my life, I felt complete and home in my own body, I had a complete family, and the girl of my dreams. For now, Ryker Quill out.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.