12 Ice Cube

"You're coming to our wedding!" Edwin clicks our lychee cocktails together, which by the way, is my new favorite drink. "And my bachelor party!"

We're at a lively, Mexican restaurant that is bursting with color and mouthwatering food.

It's something I would never be able to afford, but all I ordered is the cheapest item on the menu and this cocktail-

"Can we have another round?" Edwin asks the waiter.

"Oh, no..." I laugh it off. "I shouldn't-"

Andrea giggles beside me. "Oooh, Hazel. Look who's finally here!"

I glance toward the front door and my heart cartwheels out of my throat when I spot Hayden.

Please. God. This is not fair. I am stupidly attracted to this man. He is bound to break my heart eventually, there is no doubt about it.

"Never mind, bring another round." I turn to the waiter, my palms and pits producing more water than Niagara Falls.

I dare a little sniff check-all I smell is my water lily deodorant. Phew.

Harry stands to greet him, followed with Edwin. I'm panicking about where Hayden will sit-Andrea and Monica scoot over, leaving a space next to me, right across from Harry.

That's where Hayden sits. Right next to me.

We've been out together before. Once. No-twice, if you count the hiking. But that was before his best friend spilled the beans that Hayden might be into me.

So what? Stop overthinking it-

"Cheers!" I raise my second glass of lychee liquid courage before the waitress even sets it down.

"How was the club?" Hayden asks.

His voice is low, sensual, husky. I want to hear him say dirty things in my ear-

"Amazing," I answer. "Unfortunately, no one asked me to play. But Harry explained it's because I'm new. Oh, well. Maybe next time."

I can feel him watching me, but I keep my gaze forward at Harry who is smirking at me.

"Edwin invited her to his bachelor party." He breaks the silence.

"We're going to have a blast." Edwin beams.

Shit. I didn't consider this thoroughly at all. Bachelor parties cost money. A lot of money.

I finish the rest of my drink, then see Andrea is smoking something that smells like a skunk.

"Is that weed?"

Her eyes light up. She immediately offers it to me. "Here, you want some?"

"You don't mind?" I take it and bring it to my lips.

"You smoke?" Hayden asks me.

Does he disapprove? As if I care. I can't fucking afford another glass of alcohol.

Leave me be.

"I do a lot of things that you're not aware of..." I blow the smoke out after a long hold, already feeling the floating, hazy effect invade my brain and buzz through my skin.

The music starts to flow like liquid sex. My body moves subtly to it. Hayden notices that too.

I finally, finally dare to look at him.