16 More About Hayden

An hour later, Mr Grumpy-Secretly-Loves-Hugs is rolling a shopping cart down the aisle.

"You want cheese?"

"No, thank you."

"Ham?"

"No, thank you."

"You need tampons?"

"Oh my God, no!"

"You sure you don't need tampons?"

I've never been angry, embarrassed, but at the same time flustered and attracted to someone.

The fact that his mom stopped by is still in the air, but I'd rather not sour the mood. He'll talk about it if he wants to.

After buying too many groceries and paying for everything, Hayden drives us back to his house, lets me carry the bag of lettuce, while he casually carries the heaviest bags like it's nothing.

Now it's dinner time (he made burgers and I made a salad with French fries), and we're seated by the coffee table in front of the TV.

"So what do you usually do on the weekends?" I ask as he sets down our plates.

I salivate over the most fresh looking homemade burger. The flawlessly melted cheese. The pretty bun. The smell. He even put a pickle next to it.

"...or I play COD." He finishes.

"Uh, you play video games?"

"Sometimes." He eyes me. "Why?"

"I didn't know you're capable of such human behavior."

"It's fun to kill."

I wipe a fake tear. "I'm just the luckiest girl in the world."

He groans, but the smile is inevitable. "Yeah, yeah. I'm boring, you can say it. I like to stay in. Sue me. I work six days a week."

"I'm sure you partied before the balding started." I point at his hair and burst out laughing as he gives me a 'seriously?' look.

"I'm not bald."

"With that head shape, consider yourself lucky."

"Eat your fucking burger."

I laugh again and reach for the divine, juicy beast. I take a massive bite to get every layer and die from an overdose of perfection.

My eyes close to fully appreciate this moment.

"How is it?" Hayden bothers me.

"Ohmmmagaf...Mhm."

Hayden chuckles. "Glad you like it."

I open my eyes to see him eat half of his burger with one single bite. Glad to know I'm not the only stuffing my cheeks like a fatass squirrel.

"Whaf?" He freezes self-consciously.

"Noffin." I giggle.

"Then why afe you affing?"

"I'm nwaf!"

He drinks his carbonated water and grabs the remote. "What do you want to watch?"

You stripping naked. Yeeeah!

"Natural birth videos."

"Oh my God, we're still eating!"

"Then, placenta recipes." It's only fair.