| xi. AND KISS BEFORE YOU MISS JOHNNY BOY

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

xi. AND KISS BEFORE YOU MISS JOHNNY BOY 

MASTERS OF THE AIR
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA

MASTERS OF THE AIR AMOR VINCIT OMNIA

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

LONDON, 1943

      || EVEN AS HE STOOD IN PAULINA'S ARMS, HIS MIND WANDERED BACK TO CELESTE; THE WAY HER SMILE PERFECTLY ALIGNED HER DIMPLES, HER LIPS, THOSE EMERALD EYES. God, Bucky... He couldn't shake the guilt creeping into his heart - why was he here when his soul belonged to another? Why hadn't he expressed his true feelings to Celeste? Perhaps she would have been the one in his arms instead of Paulina.

While Paulina lovingly ran her fingers through his hair, Egan's thoughts pivoted from pleasure to fret.. He couldn't shake this fear about Celeste's whereabouts, especially with no sign of her return. The piercing sound of air raid sirens only heightened his unease, stirring a sense of impending dread that made his stomach churn.

You see, Egan in any normal situation, would have had Paulina undressed and in bed by now—but yet he found himself incapable of taking that step. Celeste persisted in dominating his thoughts; her voice a smoothing comfort like a lullaby to sleep. A charm that lightened up his heart. It was impeding his ability to fully immerse himself in the moment with Paulina.

His love for Celeste was undeniable, a truth that crashed upon him like a relentless wave after all these months. Was this the all-consuming nature of true love? The realization that being with anyone else felt inherently wrong...

Struggling to articulate the turmoil raging within him, Egan withdrew from Paulina— gaze averted as his trembling hand sought solace in his tousled hair. "I'm sorry. I just can't..."

Paulina, taken aback, gazed at him with confusion clouding her eyes, a question forming on her lips. "What?" The blonde whispered—"Is this not what you came back for?" her brow creased with annoyance.