| xv. YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                   | xv. YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS

MASTERS OF THE AIR
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

—-WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS; —-

SEXUAL SCENES

IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE ABOVE, IT IS AT THE VERY END OF THE CHAPTER...

—- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED —-

━━━━━━━━━━━

————————————————————————

MUNSTER, GERMANY
1943

         || SOFT HUES OF YELLOW BEADED THROUGH THE CANOPY OF LEAVES; CASCADING OMINOUS SHADOWS ONTO THE FOREST FLOOR—shadows that moved and twisted like dancing humanoids. Celeste couldn't help but feel a shiver run down her spine—a chill that went deeper than the cool breeze that caressed her skin.

The odd scent of dew-kissed foliage gently swept through the air—creating a symphony of rustling. In any normal circumstance, the sound would have been quite pleasant—but not when in enemy territory.

And if that wasn't enough, roosters perched atop the fence posts began calls—the cacophony cutting through the stillness. It was almost as if they could sense her very being yards away. Celeste knew the attention they would attract, having grown up around those pesky creatures.

It was a warning that could spell danger for her for if the owners of the farmhouse listened to their poultry—-they would know what these calls meant. And that's all she needed, was them coming out with guns a-blazin.

Celeste cursed lightly under her breath—hand resting on the holster of side arm. A part of her wanted to silence the birds yet the other side knew the noise would definitely draw attention. Reluctantly, her hand left the comfort of the gun— reasoning against it.

Her tousled hair catching the golden hues of the sun's rays. It had been a little over an hour since Celeste staked claim beside the tree, waiting, sight flickering from the wagon towards the farmhouse—surveying if anyone else lived there. Judging by the glimpse of the older couple, they could be easily over powered if the time was right.