Chapter Two

Isabela's POV:

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face. I lay there thinking what I did last night, it was so amazing and overwhelming, I can't wait to do it again. A knock at my door brought me out my state as I went to go answer it and saw Marcus.

"Marcus, hi, um, what's going on?" I asked him, he would of came tonight so it's strange he is here.

"Miss Black called me to come get you, there's an urgent meeting at the club and you are needed" he tells me and I nod, knowing that it must be important to not wait until tonight. As we talked I saw Jaylin come out her apartment and I noticed a slight bruise on her face.

"Jaylin!" I called out and walked out my door straight in front to her to see the bruise better, "Oh my gosh, what happened?" I asked her as I was about to hold her face but she pulled away from my touch. She eyed me in my pjs of shorts and tank top, I watched as her eyes trail my body then she looked to Marcus and her smile faded.

"Oh, my brother and I got jumped last night it's fine, who's your friend?" she explained and I had no reason to not believe her and then I noticed this looked strange with what she saw.

"This is Marcus, a friend of my boss and I suppose my friend" I explained and realised that is sounded so suspicious.

"Right, I'll leave you to it" she said and began walking away but I also didn't want to seem too eager but I wasn't helping myself.

"Jaylin?" I called out to her again and she turned around looking between Marcus and I again.

"Can we hang out later, like you can come over for a drink and a talk?" I asked her and she nodded slowly.

"If I'm not busy" she said and left. I walked back in my apartment and motioned Marcus to follow.

"She seems nice" Marcus said and I nodded.

"Make yourself at home, I need to get ready" I said and went to my bathroom and left Marcus to in my lounge.

I got ready quickly to not make Marcus wait too long and then were walked towards the club and went in through the backdoor. I looked around to see all the other dancers and workers there too. Peyton gave me a small smile and I walked over as River took count of us all.

"Ok, so you might be wondering why I called you all here today. One of our girls last night after getting home, was followed, we could not of seen this coming, her home was broken into and she was attacked. She's back home now from the hospital but will not be performing for a while. So we need a new protective system in place to hide your identity's we have in a way with the lights but some people find ways. We are going to be giving you masks, like masquerade masks to hide the top half of your face. Eyes are mainly recognised, but if you want a face mask as well to hide mouth, you are more welcome to. I'm sorry this happened and hoping it doesn't happen again" River finished and we were all shocked to learn of this, I just started and was now scared of a job I was starting to like.

I was approached by Peyton noticing her guard and mine talking together, "Hey, want to go out and buy some masks together?" she asked and I had no reason to say no so I agreed.

We got in her car and went to the mall to shop, the guards followed about 15 feet behind us, I felt weird like people were wondering who we were but others may just think we are dating them.

"Peyton, may I ask how old you are?" I asked and she looked to me with a raised eyebrow.

"You never ask a lady her age Isa" she said and I felt bad but she still replied, "I'm 30" she said and I nodded. I'm guessing I am probably the youngest, we walked into a store that did all sort of fancy dress clothing, perfect for what we need.