Chapter Ten

Jaylin's POV:

I was at work thinking about if Isabela will really come over tonight, we haven't even had our date yet, I guess we are just drawn to each other. But before anything happens I did plan to make us dinner for tonight just in case. I was lost in my thoughts; I didn't realise Aria had walked into my classroom.

"Can we talk in private?" she asks, as I looked around the empty room and gave her a nod, she closed the door and paced a little then looked at me again.

"I've noticed you've been leaving most nights when you think I'm asleep, if you're into dodgy shit that's fine, but it'd be nice to know in case anything happens to me" she says and I knew I was not sneaky enough, I gave a sigh and got up from my chair.

"I'm not doing anything dodgy" lie, "I just go to the gym with a friend, it's the only time possible when we can hang out" I told her, and she seemed to buy it.

"What friend? I thought I was your only one!" she argued and played that she was hurt.

"I have other friends Aria, this one I met through a neighbour is all and don't worry you're my number one" I told her making her cheer and smile.

"Speaking of neighbour, how is that going?" she asked, she knows about Isabela and me from the day she arrived, she sensed a vibe.

"Now that you mention it, I invited her over tonight and I was wondering- "she already cut me off.

"Don't worry, I'll make myself scarce, just give a girl warning if you'll be naked in the lounge" she joked, and I made no promises.

Isabela's POV:

After work, I practically raced home to do what I needed for tonight. I took a shower, did what I needed and then got a text from Jay saying what time I should go over and that we have the place to ourselves, telling me where Aria is going. We only lived opposite each other, but this seemed big for some reason. I still tried with what I wore, did my hair and makeup and walked out my room to see Angelo lounging around still not dressed from this morning.

"Haven't you done anything today?" I asked him with my hands on my hips going into mom-mode.

"I got out of bed and then sat here" he said and stuffed his mouth with chips. I grabbed the bag from him.

"Well go get dressed, I need you to do me a favour" I told him, and he groaned then looked to me.

"There's a friend of Jays going to a bar tonight and she's worried she'll be harassed or meet her ex again; can you go and keep an eye on her" I told him, and he raised an eyebrow to me.

"Is she cute?" he asked, and I smacked him over the head.

"Doesn't matter, can you just be a good guy?" I asked and he nodded, I showed him her IG account to know what she looks like and then he left to get showered.

I waited till he was done, and he came out in his normal outfit of jeans, boots, t shirt and leather jacket, all in black.

"Just don't get caught and don't look like a stalker" I told him, and he huffed and left the apartment as did I as took the few steps to the door opposite me and knocked.

Jay answered the door, wearing jeans and deep red shirt and let me in.

"Hey, you look beautiful" she complimented and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You don't look so bad yourself" I said back making her smile and lead me to the kitchen where I smelt something cooking.

She grabbed two wine glasses and poured us some red wine and then handed me a glass as we clinked them together and took a sip looking at each other.