Adam: Pov

The time has come I knew what I had to do. I arrived at the gardens an hour early about 6:00pm. I kept pacing back and forth just thinking on my next movements. I knew lute was watching me play the guitar as I heard her rustling in the bushes. I even glanced over to see how pink her face had gotten while watching me.

I was confident the she had feelings for me. I just kept thinking if this was the right time to admit my love to her. I mean after all she did reject my kiss. But that was just the heat of the moment right? This question kept racing I'm my mind. If she liked me back why did she reject me? Was it too soon for a kiss? Did it just throw her off? I had no idea

I had completely lost track of time because when I checked my watch it said 7:12 on it fuck she was gonna be here soon. I started to slowly panicking on the inside. The nervousness was catching up to me. After about another five minutes she arrived. This was the first time he had seen her out of uniform. She was wearing the most beautiful black skirt. Luckily I had my mask on or everyone would see how red my face is.

As she walked up I couldn't even let out a word. I just offered her my hand. After taking a few seconds she took it. I don't know how I felt about the hesitation but at least she took it. We walked along a path for a few minutes until we saw the perfect spot under a tree to watch the sunset.

I sit down first and lute just stands there looking unsure if she should follow. I motion her to sit next to me and she follows through with it. At this point we haven't said a word to each other. As she sat down she was close to me but not close enough wear we were touching. I gently motion my hand and place it on top of hers. She doesn't move and lets it happen.

We sit like this for a few until she moves closer. Again putting her head on my shoulder. She looks upset like she wants to tell me something. I just embrace her wrapping my arms around her. This was nice perfectly silent and calm. But I came here for one goal and one goal only.

I finally clear my throat to speak for the first time .

"Um...Lute?" I ask.

"Yes sir" she takes a second to respond.

I take a deep breath as this sentence could change everything.

"I...I" I couldn't spit the words out.

"I love you lute" I finally say.

Lute takes a minute and slowly pushes me away

"Sir I..uh, I can't" she finally let out.

I felt my heart break in a million pieces but I wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Lute whatever you're afraid of I promise I'll take care of it" I try to reassure.

"It's more complicated than that sir I'm sorry". She responds.

I can feel tears starting to swell up in my eyes.

"Please lute I want you more than anything I promise nothing will happen"

Lute begins to tear up

"IT JUST CANT HAPPEN" she yells.

I just sit there in silence trying not to cry.

"I should've known this was gonna happen ever since the night you got drunk". She said trying to mumble to herself.

"What did you just say" I responded, everything started clicking together. The night I was drunk I must've admitt... she already knew.

I saw her face change from crying to horror.

I felt everything die inside me all at once. She knew and kept it from me. She played with my feelings.

"YOU KNEW I LOVED YOU AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME? I let out an angry yell.

"It's not as simple as that sir" she said trying to calm me down.

"YOU KNEW YET STILL PLAYED WITH MY FEELINGS". I let out a very emotional yell.

"I DIDNT DO SHIT YOU CONVINCED YOURSELF" she yelled back

I started balling my eyes out everything this past week had been a lie.

"Tell me why, what's wrong with me?" I ask.

"I...uh, you know how we will be looked upon by the other angels if they saw us together" she said trying to comfort me.

I push her away before taking my mask off to look her right in the eyes.

"Do you love me lute?" I asked

"Sir"

Answer the question, do you love me?"

Lute let out a big sigh

"No"

That was the nail on the coffin I didn't have any control over my emotions.

"Then get out of here I don't want to see your fucking face" I say angrily.

"Don't do this sir" lute says clinching her fists

"You heard me bitch" I tried to say words that would hurt her like how she hurt me.

Lute began to cry

"Fuck you Adam" she says with tears streaming down her face.

I put on my mask and began to walk away I didn't have the stomach to look at that hore right now.

"Don't show up to training tomorrow" I tell her while walking away.

"I WONT SHOW UP TOMORROW OR EVER AGAIN I QUIT YOU HERE ME I FUCKING QUIT" I hear her shout in the distance.

~3 months later~

I still haven't seen or heard from lute since the altercation. She officially quit being an exorcist like she said. I've thought about calling her every night. But then the thought of her saying no to loving me swept in my brain. I'm the first fucking man I don't need some bitch on my mind every day, it's time to move on.