New Life

(Both are now part of the one story.)

8/1/2043
As Carlos approached the door, a wave of nerves rushed over them,  reminding them of every time they heard footsteps nearing down the hallway, back in their life.

Fighting back fear, they knocked, 3 beats.

Excited,  Headzo jumped up from behind the door, opening it with glee.

"Why hello there." A smile beamed across his face.

"Oh. H... Hi." They brushed their hair back, behind their ears,  trying to mask their nerves.

"Well come on then!" He grabbed Carlos is wrist, guiding them inside, his face still plastered with joy.

Carlos was quite startled,  even confused, by Headzo's actions.

Headzo couldn't hide his excitement, as he pulled Carlos in to meet the rest of the gang.

"Everyone this is Ca..." His speech was interrupted.

"Wing, my name is Wing." Wing had began to prefer their new name.

Clearly annoyed, Wingzo and Finzo got up and walked up to Wing.

Finzo stood in front of them, staring down,  trying to look threatening.

"I thought we agreed that filth like this should be left well enough alone?" Finzo spoke with anger.
"You agreed, I did not." Headzo spoke with logic.
"Yeah. And this filth is able to speak, if you've got a problem. Talk. To. Me." Wing was calm as knew what they were doing.

"You're kind aren't welcome here,  killers should remain dead. Filth like you should just go and kill themselves." Finzo truly hated Wing.

"Funny you should say that." Wing giggled slightly, which only irated Finzo more, as he was about to latch onto Wing's neck "I'd be careful, this filth could choke you out in 6 seconds flat"

"Only 6 seconds?" He was condescending as fuck.

"What? You feel indestructible? That body of yours, feels human does it not?" Wing didn't let him reply, already having known the answer, "Exactly. It takes me 6 seconds to kill a person with a choke because that's how time works, or at least you'd know that if you wasn't so focused on being an absolute piece of sh..."
"Oi!" Headzo hated arguing "I invited them here, for their help. And you know what? I also wanted friendship. Is that so much to ask for?" he was quite sad at what had happened.

"But they're a serial killer,  they're dangerous." Finzo pleaded.

"you know nothing, they save people, they stop people from hurting others, they help people who can't help themselves." Headzo tried to help him to understand.

"We died to filth like them."  he continued, "Don't you remember?"

"I remember watching you all die,  one by one, losing you all individually. I remember the betrayel and heartbreak, at seeing my own brother be so violent. You merely lost your lives, I witnessed them be taken. So I'm sorry if I wanted to share that grief with someone who understands what true pain feels like. So back off!" Headzo wasn't as good at staying calm.

Headzo grabbed Wing's wrist once more, leading them away.

"Come on, I'll take you to your room" Headzo wanted to change subject to calm down. "Why did you say your name was Wing?
"I prefer it,  Carlos was weak,  defenceless and scared. Wing is powerful and protecting." Wing looked at Headzo's face, he disagreed. "you can still call me Carlos, if you want?"

Headzo's smile returned.