Effect

The Good That Follows
6/1/2043

He sauntered through each street, each ginnel, on every path.

The more he strolled, the less he felt compelled to continue.

Certain his walking was devoid of point, he trudged past a shop, a common one, found at the end of most streets.

Usually he would continue by, but a voice of familiarity stopped him, in his tracks.

"Headzo?" A voice came from inside the corner shop "it is you!"

Headzo turned to see a man; he appereared to be the owner.

"Headzo its me!" The owner continued to shout, to grab Headzo's attention, "from the alleyway, about a month ago."

"Oh yes, you had killed that man" Headzo finally realised who the owner was, but didn't quite know how to feel.

"Yeah" the owner was pleased to be remembered, "actually, I'm glad I got to see you again."

"Why?" Headzo was confused.

"To thank you." The man had a smile scraped across his face.

"Thank me, for what?" Headzo remained discombobulated.

"For changing my life!" the man went on, "you made me realise my mistakes and reminded me how easily I could die. After I met you, I bought this shop and started my life, the right way."

Headzo giggled.

"What's so funny?" The man queried.

"That night, I had no clue what I was doing, I just acted, what I did was essentially an accident" headzo explained.

"Well that accident changed my life" the man was thankful, "truly, thank you, not just for not killing me but for pushing me in the right direction."

"It was my honour." Headzo left.

Now reminded of the reasons he follows his heart, he continued to roam onwards, feeling obliged to find the winged hunter.

The Evil That Stalks
6/1/2043

Screams ravaged in the distance.

Carlos moved towards it.

Through the dull passages.

Moving under the moon-lit sky.

The shrieks grew louder.

Until they saw the cause.

A familiar face.

A child stood, looming over a bloodied and beaten man, completely disfigured.

Dotted around, were many others, men, women, people, at least 5 laid dead on the ground, all giving off their own essence of torture.

"Hello?" Carlos called to the boy.

"Oh, hi" the boy was surprised to see his guardian demon, "Look, look. I did it, I learnt to kill, just like you."

"Who are they?" Carlos interrogated.

"No-bodies, just some random people. No-one will miss them" the boy continued, "they're completely unimportant."

"No-one is unimportant, to find someone who is unimportant, would be a miracle," Carlos was disgusted by their own creation, "so if they're so unimportant, as you so believe, then why did you kill them?"

"Practice makes perfect." the boy felt disappointed, "Are you not proud?"

"Proud of what exactly?" Carlos felt a twinge of anger seeming out.

"Of me. Of what I've done. I did this all in your name." the boy was confused, "I did as you told me to do."

"I told you to learn, to fight back, to protect yourself " Carlos was evermore pissed off.

"Exactly. That's what I did" his pride took control.

"You became a monster!" Carlos felt their legacy fall to ash.

"I became like you!" He still didn't understand.

"I kill only those who deserve death." the feeling of being misunderstood irritated them.

"So do I!" The boy truly believed what they were saying.

"You're killing people who having done anything!" Carlos was beginning to lose control.

"What a person deserves, depends on perspective." The boy was losing patience.

"You're killing innocents, I never kill innocents." Carlos was done with this, "Now put the weapon down and walk away, before I have to intervene!"

The boy didn't move.

Instead he just stood there, staring.

Carlos walked over, causing the boy to take a swing.

The act was stopped dead and before he knew it, the boy was on the ground.

"I fucking warned you!" Carlos was not happy.

"I did what I thought you wanted." The boy seeked sympathy.

Carlos was ready to cut the boy's life short, but they stopped.

They knew they couldn't kill the child, it was wrong, even for the them.

"Fuck." Carlos backed away. "Do what you want, but not in my name. These are your actions. Don't you dare include me."

Carlos left.

The boy continued.