Chapter 12~Theodore

Madam Pince, the librarian, shushes me violently when I bound into the library. I search the isles for five minutes before I see her red hair in two braids down her back.

I stride down the isle and see Mattheo next to her, writing something. I frown. What is he doing here, with her?

No matter. I come up behind her and tap her shoulder. She jumps and turns.

"Godric! Oh, it's you. What's up, Theo?" She says. Mattheo looks at me apprehensively. 

"Hey, Della. Could I talk to you for a second?" 

"Sure, one second," she says, turning back to Mattheo. "I'll be back in a minute."

"It's ok," he says. Then he leans in close and whispers something in her ear, looking past her shoulder at me. She nods and smiles. What's that about?

She follows me away to an unoccupied isle of shelves.

"So what's up?" She says.

"There's a party this Friday." I swallow hard. She is making me nervous. I never get nervous. "And I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

She smiles small. Her lips are soft red. "I would like that. I'll meet you around, say, nine on Friday?"

I am glowing. "Great. See you, Angel."

She scrunches her nose. Oh Merlin. "Angel huh?" 

I smirk. "Not like it?"

"I'm more like a devil," she says, looking mischievously up at me.

"I hope so," I say. "Otherwise, you would never fit in here." I wink.

She blows a dramatic kiss towards me, and starts walking off. She waves behind her without looking at me, and says, "Bye lover-boy."

Author's Note ~ Hehehe!!!!! I love writing cheesy romance! What d'you guys think? I haven't got a ton of time rn, but I'll try to keep updating regularly. Ily!!!!!!! 🤗💓

~PokaPotFox13