Chapter 16~Theodore

I wait anxiously at the bottom of the stairs for Della. I'm wearing black pants, a green button up, nice shoes and a loose black tie. Standard party wear.

I hear the creak of a floorboard and look up. Della stands at the top of the stairs. She wears a dress that ends a little above her knees, with green plaid and black lacey stuff, with a little bow at the neck. I'm surprised this is the choice Mattheo made for her.

"You look great," I say, grabbing her hand and kissing it when she gets to the bottom of the stairs.

"You too," she says. She's done her face up too, with red lips and long eyelashes and rosy cheeks. Pretty, as usual.

"C'mon, we've got to hurry, or we'll get caught in the halls," I say, pulling her along.

When we get to the seventh floor, we jog to the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy, and find the blank stretch of wall across from it.

I lean against the wall to make sure no one suspects anything. I knock twice. A crack opens in the stone a voice whispers, "Password?"

"Ad sepulcrum tuum," I whisper.

"To your grave?" Della laughs.

"You speak Latin?" I say.

"I'm more talented than you think, Theo," she says, smirking.

The stone slides away, revealing a vast room. Music blares, light flash, and voices shout. I love parties.

"Come on! We'll find the rest of the gang," I shout to Della.

She nods, grinning. We trace our way through the crowds, grabbing drinks from a table and finally spotting the group. 

"Hey! Theo, glad you could make it!" Shouts Marcus Flint from a ways away. I motion to Draco that we'll be over in a second, and lead Della over to him. "Who's your girl?" He sneers.

Della smirks. Must be nice for people to not know you on sight. "This Della Malfoy," I say.

"Ooh, Draco's got a sister, huh?" He looks her up and down. "She's hot."

"I can hear, y'know. Don't talk as if I'm not here," she says.

He scowls. "No need to be a bitch. No one asked you."

"Maybe you guys ought to, huh?" She says, stepping up close to him and cocking her head to the side. "Go piss off. I'm here to have fun, and you're killing the vibe. C'mon Theo."

She drags me away, towards the others. "Damn, you're spicy," I say.

"Yeah, well, I've been ignored my whole life, so I'm done being pushed to the side. He can go to hell for all I care," she says bitterly.

I'm not sure how to feel about her fighting for herself. But I ignore the thought.

"Yo, Theo. Thought you weren't coming. Looking fine as always, Della," Blaise says, nodding to the outfit. Mattheo smirks.

"Thanks," she says.

"Let's go dance or something, I'm bored out of my mind," Pansy says, tugging Della away from me and parting the crowd for the rest of us so we can follow.

A new song comes on, and they whoop. "I love this song!" Della shouts, putting her hands in the air and swaying her hips. Oh Godric.

We go dance for what must be an hour before Enzo and Draco go to get more drinks. Blaise and Mattheo stand to the side, talking. Neither of them are dancers.

But Pansy and Della are decking it out on the floor. A slow song comes on as Draco and Enzo come back with cups. Pansy pulls Draco to her and they start to dance. I grab Della's waist and put her hands around my neck. We dance, swaying to the beat. I pick her up and spin her above my head. She laughs big and loud.