43 - Mash Burnedead, Kat Ride and the Survival of the Fittest (2)

⚠️Violence
[THIRD PERSON POV]

"I should say I'm impressed."

The words are softly spoken by Abel as he eyes the black haired boy before him, his triple-lines a prominent feature alongside his pink coloured eyes. Mash accepts the compliment, answering confidently but plainly, "Thanks."

The word was said with no emotion, Abel narrowing his eyes slightly as he continues, "And that...is all I have to say about that." Mash's own fist comes flying into the black haired boys face, slamming harshly across his cheek as his other hand joins in on the fray, his own body attacking him at Abel's command.

With a fling of the older boy's hand, Mash's two fling up to circle around the boys throat and beginning to squeeze, chocking the boy. All of a sudden his uncontrollable movements halt, Abel humming slightly as he stares down the boy, ignoring the small, almost inaudible, cough that comes from behind him.

"What was that?" The question from Mash was directed at his own body, the boy watching with his gold coloured eyes as he clenches and unclenches his hands. "Sorry. That's not really a fair fight, is it? It lacks a certain...class." All of a sudden the sound of wooden moving catches Mash's attention, the boy landing his eyes on his dual hair coloured friend, the body of Finn moving weirdly towards him.

"Finn..." Mash's eyes were wide as he stared at his friend, another surge of anger filling him as his friend holds a large axe in his doll-formed hands. Abel speaks from where he stands tall in the room, his eyes moving back to the black haired boy after glancing at the girl behind him once more, "A friend of yours? I captured him, thinking he'd prove amusing. Your spiky haired friend, however, was too injured to make use of."

Mash remained silent at his upperclassman's words, hands clenched tightly into fists as the older spoke up once more, "I'm looking forward to a show." With a wave of his hand, puppet Finn comes darting at Mash, attacking with a downward strike with the axe, Mash lifting his arms to defend himself from the attack, moving backwards with the strike landing on his arms.

"Hmm?" Abel makes a questioning sound, eyeing the boy with distaste as he speaks up once more, "Did I say you could lift a hand against him? Allow me to clarify...you are not to defend yourself." Abel moves his hand slightly, Mash watching as Finn's body starts contorting in uncomfortable ways. "If you break the rules...I will break your friend."

Mash slows for a moment, eyeing both Finn and Abel with disdain as he responds, "I see...so that's the way you play." His words were blunt, his expression remaining impassive despite the anger filling his chest, Abel piping up once more, "You can break him yourself if you like. It's that or...let him break you."

The older boy's sentence makes Mash drop his defensive position, the boy not resisting the onslaught of attacks coming from his friend-turned-puppet, Abel's voice coming out once more, "Can you not choose? Can you not make the sacrifice?" His words were mocking as he questioned the boy, deciding to answer for himself, assuming the boy is the same as others in the word, "Of course you can't, we all want others to think we're noble. I, however, reject that fallacy."

The words were ended with the boy raising his hand again, about to issue the command to continue attacking the black haired first-year, only to pause in his movements. His eyes lingered on the axe within Finn's hand, the blade and handle breaking apart after the attacks that hit Mash. 'It seems...the axe broke first.' Surprise flickered through his eyes for a moment, his gaze remaining steady on the boy before him, the individual speaking up from his position in the room,