Chapter 3 (Hongjoong pov)

Authors note

I literally spend half my day trying to figure out how I'm going to add smut to the story, thats how interesting my life is

Hope you like the story :D 

___________________________________________________________

"A CUTE guy? We need to call Jongho over, right. now." San (My roommate) says, putting his hands flat on the kitchen island.

"San, we don't have to, it's no big deal.. that's what he said." I turn the sink faucet on and pour myself a glass of water before turning back to San, standing on the other side of the island looking back at him.

"No big deal, are you kidding me, you haven't called a guy cute since.. since 10th grade! And what do you mean 'that's what he said'? No no no, we are calling Jongho"

|:|Time skip|:|

"Hold on. You telling me.. You actually have a crush on someone?" Jongho moves his hands in front of him.

"Ugh, I don't have a 'crush' on him, I just thought he was cute. Plus, he said it was nothing" I say, disappointment evident in my voice. My shoulders unconsciously slouching as I stare down at the glass of water on the island.

"There you go again! Putting words in 'cute guys' mouth!" San raises his hands up in defeat.

"No, I'm serious. He said that it was no big deal and not to overthink it or something" I look up to see San and Jongho's arms crossed as they stare at me, looking pretty fed up.

"Seriously" Jongho says, giving me a 'Your stupid' look.

"You really believe that? It's so clear he was just nervous and blurted something random out to deflect what he said! Trust me, I'm a relationship expect" San grins smugly looking into the distance like there was some halo shining down on him.

"Yeah, and that's why you're still single" As Jongho's words come out you could practically see the halo shining down on San burn out immediately.

"Well- I- you.. Where off subject" San mutters as he sinks down onto the bar stool. I chuckle lightly at the two before remembering what we were talking about a few moments ago.

"How do you know that he wasn't telling the truth? He clearly didn't mean anything when he called me cute and that's that." I say shrugging, trying to seem like I didn't care, though, as I look back at the to-go coffee cup that was filled with steaming hot chocolate an hour ago, sitting on the counter and I was hoping that maybe, what San said was true. I brush it off though since San's intuition is never one to trust.

"Trust me Hongjoong, I can feel it.. In here" San says proudly, nodding confidently as he taps his chest where his heart is.

"And when was the last time your intuition actually came true?"

"Hey! It did last year, when I-"

"We all know you're about to make something up so just save your breath San hyung" Jongho cuts San off as he makes his way towards the front door, opening it.

"Yeah yeah, you guys wouldn't believe me anyways" San crosses his arms.

"Well I'm heading back, see you two later" Jongho chimes in as he walks out waving and closes the door behind him.

I smirk as San humphs

"You know we're joking with you" I say softly, patting his back.

"Oh yeah I know. I just wanted to try and get that, flee, to feel bad for me" San spits out.

"You know he would never show it San, keep trying if you want to but you know Jonho doesn't like showing his emotions"

"Yeah but, I will keep trying!"

"Okaaay" I trail out as I walk over to my room shaking my head at his silliness

"You do you, good night" I say as I close the door behind me and walk over to my dresser to get changed.

I put on whatever clothes were easiest to grab which ended up being a pair of gray sweats and a brown oversized, plain t-shirt. After changing, I walk over to my bag on my gaming chair, take it out of my bag, and set it down on my desk to work on one of my big assignments.

A few hours later I pick up my phone to check the time. 12:49am.

I sigh and force myself to close my computer, getting up from my chair and walking over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and rinse my face. I walk into the kitchen to grab that glass of water from earlier. I see the empty to-go cup with big writing on the front that says "Brews", I sigh as I look at it and walk over. I reached up to throw it out but for some reason I couldn't.

Hongjoong, just throw it out, it's any old cup, just do it, throw it out. I kept saying to myself, but every time I looked at it I kept thinking of Seonghwa. His happy 'way to cheerful' smile and squeaky white shoes. What if throwing it away would mean that I would never see him again? No Hongjoong that's stupid, your just reading into things to much. I shake my head, turning away and heading back to my room, leaving the cup on the counter.

|:|Time skip|:|

"Beep beep"

"Shut up" I mutter.

"Beep beep"

"Fine FINE! I'm up"

I huff as I turn my alarm clock off and sit up in my bed rubbing my eyes before looking over at my window. It was still dark outside since it was only 7:00AM. I had a lecture today at 8 so I needed to get up early, and you do not want to talk to me when I need to wake up early because I am grumpy. You know what, that's probably an understatement.

I slowly get up from the bed and walk over to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for my classes. I finish getting ready and walk out of my room with my bag, opening the fridge door and shoving a few grapes in my mouth before stumbling to get my shoes on.

"See you later!"

"Bye Joong!" San shouts back from his room as I step out of the dorm with my big black coat on into the quiet hallway, locking the door behind me and shoving my keys in the pocket of my black coat.

By the time I step outside of my dorm building into the early morning chill it's already light out and I zip up my coat all the way up to my chin as I shiver.

Damn it's cold today.

You could see my breath in the cold as I walked rather quickly to the bus stop to make sure I don't miss it for a third time this week. As I stand at the bus stop I think back to Brews, and Seonghwa, maybe I should walk back tonight so that I could see him? But he said that it didn't matter, that it was no big deal. I take a deep breath watching the warm steam escape from my mouth into the air as I decide that for once, I'll trust San's crazy intuition.