Chapter 4 (Hongjoong pov)

Author note

This is kind of a long chapter and sorry for any spelling mistakes

__________________________________

As I open the door of the coffee shop, I hear a familiar chime of the door, letting the staff know a new customer has entered the cafe. As I fully enter Brews, my eyes dart straight towards the cash counter at the back of the little room, my eyes locking on a familiar looking, tall, black haired boy. As I walk towards the back counter, my eyes not leaving Seonghwa, you can hear my wet boots from the snow outside squeaking along the black tiled floor. Soon enough Seoghwa's eyes lock onto mine and I quickly look down awkwardly stumbling over and sitting down at a table next to me.

"Hongjoong!" The dark haired boy calls out as he walks around the cashier and.. Oh my god, he was walking right towards me.

"Oh, Seonghwa, haha, I didn't expect to see you here" Hongjoong what the fuck are you SAYING? Of course he would be here! He works here!

"Well I do work here!" Seonghwa says as he stands across from me on the other side of the table.

"What brings you here today? Are you just ordering something?"

"Oh um, I was just going to do some work but, I guess I'll order-"

"A small hot chocolate?" Seonghwa chimes in before I can order, it makes my stomach do a weird flip and I find myself smiling.

"Yeah" I say as I look up at him suddenly feeling kind of shy by the eye contact and looking away. Seonghwa stands there for a few more moments and then before things can get too awkward (Though it didn't feel awkward per say but more... new, and it was clear we were both kind of nervous) he gave me one of those big cheerful smiles that made my brain go all fuzzy before turning around on his heel, making his way back towards the cashier.

I take out my computer and start typing away, the sound of the keys clicking always calms me. A few minutes later Seonghwa comes back with a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate with the big letter spelling 'Brews', just like last night. I remove my hands from my computer and grab the hot chocolate eagerly taking a deep breath in to smell the chocolaty goodness. I close my eyes humming in content as I take my first sip of the hot chocolate.

"Does it taste good? I made it myself and I'm usually just the cashier so.."

Seonghwa trails off looking kind of nervous and looking down at the floor. Knowing that he was the one who made it made me feel all giddy inside and I smile shyly whilst looking up at him.

"Yeah, it's really good" I say softly as I take another sip and whip my mouth with a serviette to remove the chocolate mustache I was probably sporting.

"Oh, thank god." Seonghwa says happily.

"Because the last time I made their hot chocolate recipe was when I first started working here, and let's just say, it did not go well"

Chuckling lightly I set my hot chocolate down on the table next to my computer and put my hands in between my legs awkwardly.

"So, what's your major?" Asks the latter.

"I'm a music major," I responded, nodding my head. "You?"

"Oh, I'm actually a vocal major, our departments are pretty similar, I guess that's why I've seen you on campus!"

"True" I pause for a moment then finally ask. "So, which year you in?"

"I'm in my second" The taller boy smiles and puts his hands on the seat tapping his finger on the top.