Chapter 7 (Seonghwa pov)

Authors note

Random but, in the picture... somethings wrong with his neck on the left side, don't you think?

_________________________________

Ow my head!

I sit up in my bed and groan while rubbing my forehead, it hurts so bad. It was clear that I was way hungover from last night's party but what wasn't clear is what happened last night.

Oh right.. Hongjoong. I only really remembered half of what happened yesterday. I definitely remember him bringing me back, and the medication part... shit, I had asked him to help me get CHANGED! And, the phone call, he said, I was a pain. A pain. That certainly didn't make me feel too great, being called a pain while drunk, well, I guess it might not have been directly at me, but still, it probably was.

I hear rummaging somewhere distant outside of my room. I guess Mingi was back. It took a while to finally get out of bed. I eventually dragged my limb body out of the warmth of my bed and shrug on my slippers. My god, my throat hurt, and my headache.. Actually! Isn't as bad as it normally is, it was probably the Advil Hongjoong gave me, Hongjoong. I pause, my mind falling into a haze as I think of Hongjoong before abruptly getting snapped out of it by my bedroom door opening.

"Hey Seong- damn, you look like shit!" I look over at Mingi and snort.

"Wow thanks!"
"No problem! You should have listened to me and had water in between each drink." Mingi sings cheerfully.

"It didn't work too well for you though, you still got pretty drunk." Mingi could get super drunk and barely be hung over, I was always jealous of him for that.

"Yeah but I would have had a much worse hangover if I didn't! Speaking of which, how did you get home and, you know, do all that" Mingi waves his hands in my direction while scanning my new set of clothes. Oh right, and this was the time I should probably tell him about what happened last night.

"Right, about that-"

"Oh no, what happened this time?" Mingi runs his hand in his hair as he turns around and walks out of my room, expecting me to follow, as I do.

"Well, you know the cute guy I was telling you about"

"OhMyGod! Did he bang you?" Mingi gasps as his eyes go wide and he makes a huge statement covering his mouth before saying slowly.

"Did you bang him?"

"Mingi! God! No!" I facepalm my forehead while sitting at the island, leaning my elbows on the table and my chin resting on the back of my hands to hold my head up.

"Why would I- nevermind, you're crazy" I respond shaking my head

"Yeah but being crazy isn't always a bad thing!" He chirps. Mingi walks over to a cup that was on the counter that seemed to have coffee in it but it wasn't steaming, and it was pretty bright outside when I twisted my head to look out the window.

"...Mingi, what time is it?"

"Uh, I don't know, the last time I checked my phone it was 11 or something." The tall boy just shrugs and picks up his mug. I guess it wasn't that late then. I think to myself but as my eyes graze the clock on the stove I see the numbers 12:48. My eyes go wide.

"MINGI! Why didn't you wake me up? I had a lecture at 12:30!" Raising my voice was definitely not a good idea for my headache, because it made it so much worse.

Mingi raises his hands up in surrender.

"Damn, sorry grumpy pants, how was I supposed to know?" I rub my head with a sigh.

"Sorry Min, I didn't mean to blow out on you like that, it's just..." Mingi hunshes to try and see my tilted face, seeming kind of worried.

"Seonghwa, did something happen with "cute guy" yesterday?"

"He.. He said I was a pain, I heard him on a call with someone"

"Are you sure that's what you heard? Remember, you were drunk, you might have misheard or didn't remember correctly. And I'm guessing this is from him.." I look up to see Mingi sliding a piece of paper towards me with a bunch of numbers on it. It read :

I hope you feel better Seonghwa.

He's my number since you were

Asking for it yesterday.

587-990-1421

-Hongjoong

I read the letter silently, over and over again, trying to digest the information, the doubts in my head washing away for a split second.

"You see. I think you might have misheard him. He wouldn't have left his number for you if he thought of you as, a pain" Mingi says softly. I loved him so much, sure he was goofy most of the time but he was always the person I went to because he was so comforting and gentle, he always made me feel better, but, of course, that didn't stop my intrusive thoughts from taking over the situation.

"But, what if he wrote the note before going on that call with someone?"

"Well there's only one way to find out." Mingi places the note on the edge of the table, urging me to take it.

"Text him" He says softly and reassuringly. The piece of paper that he wrote on was ripped at one edge and a bit crumpled up so I wasn't too sure where he had gotten it from or what pen he used to write on it. I look up at Mingi one more time for reassurance and find Mingi still looking at me and smiling.

"What would I do without you?" Mingi's smile turn into a smirk.

"I honestly don't know, you probably wouldn't be able to live without me"

"Oh don't flatter yourself" I answer and he grins in return.

"Now go on, text him before I do!"

I quickly snatch the piece of paper before Mingi takes it then looks up at him with narrowed eyes, warry.

"Did you?"

"No, of course I didn't. Trust me I didn't even read it"

I think about it for a moment before realizing that he was telling the truth because he wouldn't have called Hongjoong 'cute guy' earlier, he would have called him by his name, Hongjoong.

After grabbing my phone from my room I sit back down at the island while Mingi is doing some dishes and go to my contacts.

"Here" I look up to see Mingi setting a glass of water next to me and I lift the cold glass up and take a sip. The cold water running down my throat definitely helped to wake my body up.

I type in the numbers to the keypad anxiously. I just needed to get it over with before I get second thoughts and decide not to. So, once I put his name in as, "Hongjoong", I quickly ran the tips of my fingers along the keyboard.

Seonghwa

"Hi, it's Seonghwa. Is this Hongjoong?"

12:59 PM

He's not answering. My chest was heaving as I sigh while staring at the phone, hurt. I guess he does think I'm a pain

Message deleted