Flying Lesson

In the great hall, around midday. The students were doing their homework. Seamus was waving his wand over a goblet while muttering something Matthias couldn't heard, Seamus kept looking at the goblet like he was expecting something to happened.

"Hey, Ron, what's Seamus doing?"Matthias asked.

"Oh, he's trying to turn water into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-"

Ron was cut off when a loud bang occurs, they turned and see that the cup has exploded and Seamus is left charred. Several students laugh at this as Rosalie fans away the smoke with her hand. Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.

As the owls delivered their packages, one dropped a couple of letters and a package down to the Gryffindor table. Rosalie gets nothing while she did notice Matthias got a letter, 'probably from his family' she thought. She sees the newspaper Ron has put down.

"Can I borrow this?" Rosalie asked, Ron nods. "Thanks."

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Someone further down the table exclaimed.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red,"Hermione said, as the smoke turns red. "it means you've forgotten something."

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten."Neville admitted, and Matthias turn toward him and notice something.

"You forgot your robe."Matthias pointed out.

Neville blinked, before looking down at himself as the remembrall cleared up. "You're right! I'll be right back!" He rushed off...

"Oh hey, someone broke into Gringotts. Listen." Matthias and Ron turn toward Rosalie and look at the newspaper. "Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day." That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to."

"It's probably just a coincidence."Matthias shrugged. "Does someone know what's our next class is?"

"Flying with Madam Hooch."Hermione answered, before checking the time and informed them that they should go.

The first years Gryffindor met up with the Slytherin first years out on the grass with the school's broomsticks, Madam Hooch stood out in front of them all.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for?" Madam Hooch barked. "Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up."

Rosalie and Matthias glanced down at their broom. It was old and some of the twigs stuck out at odd angles.

"Stick out your right hand over your broom," Madam Hooch called at the front, "and say, "Up!"

"UP!" Everyone shouted.

Rosalie's broom jumped into her hand at once, Matthias follow a minute later which startled him a little. But they were one of the few that did. Hermione's had simply rolled over on the ground and Neville's hadn't moved at all. 'Perhaps brooms, like horses, could tell when you were afraid,' Rosalie thought.

"Up!!" Ron exclaimed, his broom immediately shot up and whacked him on the nose. Rosalie and Matthias laughs. "Shut up, you two." Ron grumbled, then seemingly starts to laugh after he recovered.

Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows, correcting their grips.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," Madam Hooch said. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaning forwards slightly. On my whistle... three... two..."