The Forbidden Forest

The next day, the quartet woke up very nervous about how their house would react after losing so many points in one night. Only to find that many Griffyndors had blamed the twins, as it wasn't the first time they'd lost a lot of points because of them. The classes that day went by quickly, as dinner arrived, two owls entered the Great Hall during the feast, delivering letters to the Gryffindor and Slytherin tables. Letting the quartet and Malfoy know when their detention will take place.

Night soon fell, and Filch led the five of them into the forbidden forest, where their detention will be held, as stipulated in the letter they had received earlier.

" A pity they let the old punishments die." Filch said. "There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming."

Matthias was weird out by what Filch just said, Hermione was completely afraid and horrified at the punishment, while Rosalie, Ron and even Draco gulped in fear.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Forbidden Forest."Filch told them, which made everyone, but Malfoy, relieved that he would be there with them. As they kept walking on, they soon came to Hagrid's hut, where he came out with a crossbow, sniffing.

"A sorry lot, this, Hagrid." Filch said, before turning to Hagrid. And he immediately frowned. "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone." Hagrid said, while sniffing. "Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

"Well, that's good, isn't it?" Matthias asked. "He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" Hagrid continued to sob as Filch rolled his eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"Then it's a good thing that Charlie's studying dragon there, no? Since he would what to do in case it does happen."Matthias said.

Before Hagrid could answer, Filch interrupted. "Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you."

"Hold on. We're going into the forest? I thought that was a joke." Malfoy complained. "We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are... werewolves!"

"That's your lookout, isn't it?" Filch said, his voice cracking with glee. "Should've thought of them werewolves before you got in trouble, shouldn't you?" He then headed back to the castle.

"I'm not going into that forest."Malfoy argued.

"Yeh are if yeh want to stay at Hogwarts," Hagrid said fiercely. "Yeh've done wrong an' now yeh've gotta pay for it. Right then, let's go."

He led them to the very edge of the Forest. Holding his lamp up high he pointed down a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees. A light breeze lifted their hair as they looked into the Forest.

"Look there," Hagrid said. "see that stuff shinin' on the ground? Silvery stuff? That's unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there bin hurt badly by something. This is the second time in a week. I found one dead last Wednesday. We're gonna try an' find the poor thing. We might have to put it out of its misery."

"And what if whatever hurt the unicorn finds us first?" Malfoy asked, unable to keep the fear out of his voice.

"There's nothin' that lives in the Forest that'll hurt yeh if you are with me or Fang," Hagrid said. "An' keep to the path. Right, now, we're gonna split inter two parties an' follow the trail in diff'rent directions. Ron and Hermione, you'll come with me."