Troll in the dungeon

On Halloween, they had a charms class with Professor Flitwick. At the beginning of the class, he had announced that they were going to practice the levitation charm and that they would be paired up to practice. Rosalie's partner was Matthias, which she was quite happy about it. Ron, however, was to be working with Hermione Granger. It was hard to tell whether Ron or Hermione was angrier about this. She hadn't spoken to either of them since the third corridor incident, but she did see her talking to Matthias.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practising!" Professor Flitwick said, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the words properly is very important, too."

It was very difficult. Rosalie and Matthias swished and flicked, but the feather they were supposed to be sending skywards just lay on the desktop. They helped each other, and after a few tries, they finally managed to levitate the feather a little. Ron, at the next table, wasn't having much more luck.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted, waving his long arms like a windmill.

"No, stop, stop, stop! You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong." Rosalie and Matthias heard Hermione snap. "It's Winggar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the "gar" nice and long."

"You do it, then, if you're so clever." Ron snarled.

Hermione rolled up the sleeves of her gown, flicked her wand and said. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Their feather rose off the desk and hovered about four feet above their heads.

"Oh, well done!" cried Professor Flitwick, clapping. "Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!"

Ron was in a very bad temper by the end of the class.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her,"Ron said to Matthias and Rosalie as they pushed their way into the crowded corridor. "She's a nightmare, honestly."

Someone knocked into Rosalie as they hurried past her. It was Hermione. Rosalie caught a glimpse of her face and was startled to see that she was in tears.

"I think she heard you."

"So?" Ron said, but he looked a bit uncomfortable. "She must've noticed she's got no friends."

"What the heck is wrong with you!?"Matthias snap."She was just trying to help you!"

"You're defending her?"

"Haven't you been listening? I said she was only trying to help."Matthias said, Ron grew sheepish, as he muttered he was only joking."Just think before you say stuff, I'll go after her."

Matthias runs down the corridor to try and catch Hermione, Rosalie turn to Ron.

"You know, he's not wrong. She was just trying to be nice to you and you had to be a dickhead to her. You definitely need to apologize to her when you see her"Rosalie said, Ron nodded.

When Hermione didn't show up for the next class, Rosalie asked Matthias what was going on, as they made their way to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast, he replied that he'd found her crying in the girls' bathroom, that he'd tried to talk to her but she'd told him to leave her alone. When they enter the Great Hall, they were a bit awe at the decorations.

Rosalie was just helping herself to a jacket potato when Professor Quirrell came sprinting into the Hall, his turban askew and terror on his face. Everyone stared as he reached Professor Dumbledore's chair, slumped against the table and gasped, "Troll... in the dungeons... thought you ought to know." He then sank to the floor in a dead faint.