First Quidditch match

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday, Rosalie would be playing in her first match after weeks of training: Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Hardly anyone had seen Rosalie play with the exception of Matthias, who accompanied her on some of her training sessions. Wood wanted to keep it a secret but... secret doesn't really stay secret at Hogwarts, as the news that she was playing Seeker had leaked out somehow.

She felt lucky to have Matthias by her side, as she didn't know how she'd have got through all her homework without him and Hermione helping, what with all the last-minute Quidditch practice Wood was making them do.

Finally the morning of the match come, the Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat some breakfast."Matthias said.

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast." Hermione said.

"I'm not hungry."

"Rosie, you need your strength."Matthias said, poking her cheek. Rosalie pushes his hand away and blushes a little, at the nickname Matthias has given her, which she knows Hermione thinks is cute.

"Good luck today, Potter."Professor Snape said, having crept up behind Rosalie, surprising the hell out of her."Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... Even if it is against Slytherin."

Professor Snape limps away, which Roslaie notices.

"That explains the blood."Rosalie said.

"Blood?"Hermione asked, confused.

"Listen, last week, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog."Rosalie said. "But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"Just call it Cerberus, because that's what it is."Matthias said.

"But why would anyone go near the Cerberus?"Hermione asked.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret."Rosalie explained.

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the Cerberus's guarding, which is what Snape wants."

Later on, the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats might be raised high in the air but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes. Matthias, Ron and Hermione joined Neville, Seamus and Dean the West Ham fan up in the top row.

Matthias looked around excitedly, looking forward to his first Quidditch match. And to finally be able to cheer on Rosalie, having followed all her training sessions and seen her efforts rewarded. Suddenly, everyone in the stands erupts in cheers as the Quidditch players enter the pitch and soars through the air, while a voice rings out over the pitch.

"Hello! And welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!"

Matthias can see the players take their positions in the air in a circle, as he spot his best friend looking a bit nervous. Down on the ground, Madam Hooch was standing in the middle of the pitch.

"Now, I want a nice, clean game from all of you! "Madam Hooch said, she whistle loudly. And They were off....

The Gryffindor team start the game on a speedy note as they took possession of the Quaffle.