Three-Headed Dog

Once dinner was over, Matthias, Rosalie and Ron headed for the common room, followed by Hermione. When suddenly the staircase shudders and begins to move. The quartet grab the railings.

"What's happening?"Rosalie asked.

"The staircases change, remember?"Hermione said, the staircase finally stops at a floor ledding up to a corridor.

"Let's go this way."Rosalie called out, Hermione and Matthias look unsure."Before the staircase moves again."

The four of them walk up the stairs and found themselves in a dark, and deserted corridor.

"Does anyone feel like... we shouldn't be here?"Rosalie said with a hint of fear in her voice.

"We're not."Matthias said, Hermione nodded. "This is the 3rd floor. Dumbledore said it was forbidden."

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, a cat came around the corner, they started to panic when they who that cat was. The cat meows.

"That's Filch's cat!"

"Run!"

The quartet run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past.

"Quick! Let's hide through that door!"Rosalie said, pointing to the door at the end of the corridor. She grabs the handle and tries to open the the door but sadly it didn't budge. " It's locked!"

"That's it! We're done for!"Ron cried out, in fear at being caught.

"Oh, move over!"Hermione huffed, waving her wand at the lock."Alohomora."

The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens. They quickly slipped in the room, and they stood close to the door.

"Alohomora?"Ron asked.

"Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7."Hermione simply said, they fall silent when they begin to hear footsteps approaching.

"Anyone here, my sweet?" An older voice said, quickly follow by a meow."Come on."

"Filch is gone."

"Probably thinks this door's locked."Ron said.

Hermione scoffed." It was locked."

Meanwhile, Matthias was too busy staring at three sets of eyes that were beginning to open."And for good reason."He said, they turned and saw the figure Matthias had noticed. When it became visible, they saw that it was a three-headed dog growling at them.

"AHHHHHHH!"They screamed before bolting out of the door, They turn quickly to shut the door as they were battling against the dog Rosalie heard Matthias muttering.

"Di immortales why is there a cerberus here!?"

They get the door shut and run. They were out of breath by the time they made it back to the Gryffindor common room.

"What do they think they're doing?"Ron yelled."Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?"

Hermione look at him."You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?"

"The floor?" Rosalie suggested. "I wasn't looking at its feet, I was too busy with its heads."

Hermione turned toward Matthias."Did you see something, Matthias?"

"Ah! Well, I did notice something but couldn't make out what it was since I was to preoccupied by the cerberus."Matthias said.

Hermione sighed."It was standing on a trapdoor. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something."