Christmas

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban. Which Matthias laughed heartily at this, and later asked the twins to teach it to him...

One morning, Hermione walks in the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs.

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwart bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas..."

Rosalie and Ron were engaged in a game of wizard's chess as Matthias watches them play.

"Knight to E5."Rosalie said, as the tiny piece follow her commanded. Ron look at her with a smug grin as Hermione joined them.

"Queen to E5."Ron said, the queen goes over to Rosalie's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Hermione looked shocked at how the game worked.

"That's totally barbaric!"

"I think it's pretty cool."Matthias said.

"That's wizard's chess." Ron said, turning to Hermione. "I see you've packed."

"I see you haven't."

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie."Ron said. "He's studying dragons there."

"Good, you can help Rosalie and Matthias, then. They're going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."Hermione said.

"We've looked a hundred times!"

Hermione leaned over the table so that only they could hear her.

"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas."Hermione said, and then she left.

Ron looks at Matthias and Rosalie."I think we've had a bad influence on her."

On Christmas Eve, Rosalie went to bed looking forward to the next day for the food and the fun, but not expecting any presents at all. She awoke early the next morning to Ron's cries from the common room.

"Rosalie, wake up! Come on, Rosalie, wake up!"

Rosalie sleepily puts on her glasses and heads downstairs, once there, she sees Matthias and Ron both standing and lots of presents under the tree.

"Happy Christmas, Rosie."Matthias smiled.

"Happy Christmas, Matt. And you too, Ron."Rosalie smiled, before noticing Ron's sweater. "What are you wearing?"

Ron looks down."Oh, my mum made it. Well, every year she makes us one, seems like you two got one too."

"I-I've got presents?"Rosalie asked, Matthias frowned, she'd told him a little about her life outside Hogwarts and told himself he'd do everything to make her time at Hogwarts unforgettable.

"Yeah."Ron nodded.

Rosalie and Matthias open their parcel and discover a thick hand-knitted sweater in emerald green and a large tin of homemade toffee, for Rosalie. Matthias also received a sweater, but in blue.

"That's really nice of her."Rosalie said, trying the fudge, which was very tasty.

"How did she know about blue?"Matthias asked.

"Oh, I may have mentioned in one of my letters that your favorite color is blue."

Rosalie continued opening her present, she got a large box of chocolate Frogs from Hermione, Matthias gave her a bracelet with blue gems, a trident.