Chapter 3: The Bet

James wasn't himself lately. All he did was date, pout, and yell. Lily missed her older brother, the one who would go pranking around Godric Hollow with her and piss off Albus. She found his stash of dungbombs under his bed and sighed. "When will he come back?"

She had taken a look at all past exes and realized they were Lucy-lookalikes. Brown hair and brown eyes.

Jillian had come over often, and hung out with Albus and Lily mostly. She fought with James daily, almost as if it were a routine. Come over, hangout, fight, leave, come back, repeat.

Then one day it happened. Nobody expected it. It just came out.

"You're such a douche. You can't just send your cousin up on a broom whose afraid of heights! Merlin your...indescribable."

"I believe the words your looking for are Godly and hot." He smirked, running a hand through his hair.

"No I think the words are selfish man-whore and a downright arse." She pursed her lips, looking ready to spit fire.

"Well do you wanna go out?"

She blinked, taken by complete surprise. "What?"

"Jeez Gillespie. I guess some people really don't know when someone asks them out. Seeing as I'm the first."

She splashed her drink on his face. "For your information, I've been on tons of dates! But your too busy with your shit to notice that there are people In this world beside your Potter bubble."

"Are you sure you don't wanna date this fine man?" Fred asked, slinging an arm over her shoulder.

"It's absolutely a repulsive idea that you would even ask that. Who would want to go out with James effing Potter? Sluts. And that's a no if I didn't make it clear." She got up and left with that.

"Haha nice one JP! You're totally screwing with her head," Fred clapped his back.

"Please, she'll could fall for me, I'm irresistible! I bet she'll date me by the end of the summer. And then I'll break her heart."

Fred laughed, "How about 10 galleons?"

James thought a minute, then shook his hand. "Your on Weasley."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a cold breeze. Her textbook pages flipped ahead and her parchment paper flew across the room. She gathered her things, knocking over her ink bottle in the process. "Shit," she muttered. She grabbed some towels and wiped it all away. She heard footsteps behind her a whipped around, seeing a shadow down the hall.

"Get the hell out of my house, Merlin forbid you try anything." She grabbed her wand and slowly crept towards the door. Something rolled last her foot, stopping in the center of her room. Before she realized what it was, it went off. Sending its fumes of stink all over her room. "POTTER!" She shrieked.

Once all the stink had cleared, he stepped into her room. "Yes?"

"I hate you."

"So wanna go to Hogsmeade?"

She glared at him, throwing her quill straight at his face. But to his quidditch reflexes, he caught it. "Nice try."

"Why would I ever go out with a jerk?"

James laughed, "I didn't know Malfoy asked you out!" She glared again, her bright blue eyes narrowing. "Anyways, how about you go on a date with me and I'll leave you alone all summer."

"How about you leave me alone and never speak again?" She grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out the front door. "I need to Potter proof my house." She slammed the door in his face and went back to her room.