Chapter 17: Games

The future kids lounged around the Gryffindor commons alongside the Marauders and Lily Evans. Everyone was in their own little world. James II fidgeted with a snitch he carried in his pocket - letting it fly around and then enclosing it between his fingers. Jillian, Tegan, and Lily were talking about the DADA lesson they just learned. Peter, Albus, and Remus were playing a game of chess. And James, Sirius, and Lily Luna played an intense game of exploding snap.

There was a snap and a sizzle and a high pitched shriek. James II chuckled from his spot and looked over at Lily Luna who was sitting with a smug look on her face. Sirius's eyebrows were singed and that was it. They were gone.

"Luna!" Sirius shouted. "Grow them back now!"

James laughed and stared at his best mate. "Padfoot, this is a great look for you."

"Sod off."

Lily pulled out her wand: ten inches, olive, with unicorn hair, and flicked it. Immediately Sirius's eyebrows grew back but Lily stared at the younger redhead. "Luna, how'd you do that?"

James II internally groaned.

"Um...I whispered the spell," Luna said innocently. "Mum said I've got a knack for keeping quiet."

"But your lips didn't move. Do you know wandless magic?"

Luna shrugged, "I'm just talented. Anyways, I'm off to the library. I'll see you later!" She dropped her cards on the table and headed out the portrait. She saw Severus sitting at a table near the restricted section and sauntered over to him. "Hi Sev!"

The boy looked up and frowned. The name brought a pang of hurt to his heart. "Can I help you?" he sneered.

"I don't know, can you?" she smirked.

"Why are you talking to me? Wouldn't you rather be off with Potter and his little gang?"

"I think you could use a friend."

"I don't need your pity. Go back to bloody Potter and his sodding followers!"

"I know all about your past Sev. I know you still fancy the shit out of Lily Evans." His mouth opened but closed and his brows furrowed. "I know things, things you couldn't ever imagine. But she's in love with James and that's that. I know you're really not a bad guy."

"I didn't mean to call her a Mudblood," he murmured.

"I know but you did and that's what happened."

"You look like Potter. You have Lily's hair but Potter's eyes. And his obnoxious smirk."

"Well I have lots of redheads in my family and the smirk is just a trait I picked up. I'll see you later Severus!" She smiled and walked out of the library. Severus stared at her curiously. There was something off about that girl and he was determined to figure it out.

~~~~~~~~~

DADA. The only class James II superbly excelled in. He was brilliant in all classes, including transfiguration, but specifically in DADA. His father had something to do with that as well. Lily Luna was great at DADA as well thanks to her mum, but she leaned more towards Charms. Albus, he was great at everything but especially Potions.

Professor Wallen, a short fat lady with brittle hair, if you could call it that. It was more like straw glued to her dry scalp. She itched her head with her excessively long nails and sat in a large purple chair twirling her wand in her fingers. "Sit, sit!" she instructed. "Today we are dueling. Partner up! And opposite houses, Mr. Black. Alright you and your partner are going to duel. Mr. Malfoy! Ah Miss Gillespie, lovely."