Chapter 7: Exploding Snap

Jillian sat across from James while she watched him battle Lily at Exploding Snap. It was like a battle to death, only one could win. His hair fell just in front his light hazel eyes and he bit his bottom lip in concentration.

"Shit!" James exclaimed, jumping from his seat as the tip of his hair singed off, floating onto the white carpet.

Lily snickered, staring at his hair. "To be honest, with that nest of hair you can't really tell." He glared at her. "What! It's true."

Victoire, who sat across the room talking with Teddy, looked up at their little row. "I can grow it back James, but I think this is good payback from all those times your burned my eyebrows off." 

"Come on Vic!" She glared at the use of the nickname. "Vicky, I'm your favorite cousin and you know it. You were there when I was born and I was there when you and Teddy first snogged on the platform and the only one you liked when you two were both at Hogwarts! No offense Fred. I was the first to know you were engaged and the first person to walk in on you and Teddy hav-"

Victoire slapped a hand over his mouth, blushing profusely at all the eyes on her. "I get it! You didn't need to announce it to the entire family! Again."

"What about Victoire and Teddy?" Ginny asked, stepping into the room.

He smirked at Victoire. "They put on quite a visual show  from what I saw...sorta scarred me for life. Never thought you'd see your semi-brother heavily snogging your cousin and much more. I could go into detail but there are virgin ears." He nodded to Hugo and Lily.

Teddy howled with laughter from behind them. He had distinctively remembered when James was a first year and caught them in his room at the Potters, just before things got to heated. "Come on Vic! Just grow his hair back."

"Don't call me Vic, Teddy Bear." She crossed her arms, staring at his bright green eyes. He just continued laughing at the memories James had always been apart of. Victoire grabbed her wand and grew his hair back in the blink of an eye. "I grew your hair and you can never speak of it again. Deal?"

He shook her hand, smirking playfully at his eldest cousin. "Sure thing Vicky. But you know... I could use a new broom cleaning kit."

"Don't push your luck, kiddo," Teddy said, wrapping an arm around his fiancee. "Hullo Ginny, fancy a drink?"

She stared at him bewildered. "Sure, as long as you could tell me what you and Victoire were doing under my roof."

"Oh you know...Phys Ed," Teddy said. He stared at his aunt who was grinning in amusement. "

"Maybe you'll want to lock the door this time!" James called after.

The entire room, including Teddy burst into laughter.

"Ted Lupin! That is not funny!" She pushed his arm off her waist and stormed off.

Teddy stopped laughing and chased after her. "Oh come on Vic!"

"Well...at least I got my hair!" James sat back down with a smug look on his face. "And I'm shoe in for best man at the wedding."

Ginny scoffed. "Like they'd even let you attend! We're leaving in about an hour, so make sure you have everything. Oh and Jillian, you're staying with us tonight. We're having a special guest."

Jillian smiled, "Okay." she twiddled with her thumbs when the other adults came in the room, making small chat nearby. She watched as everybody lost to James in Exploding Snap, except for Lily of course. She was annoyed with his cocky attitude and everybody's lack of skill. "I'll play you."