Chapter 6: Falling for a Potter

"I am not!" Jillian exclaimed. "There is no universe where James freaking Potter would like me and let alone I like him back! That is absurd."

Rose shook her head, "Then why are you thinking of him? Wow, all you think of is him!"

"Are you using Legilimency on me!"

"Ha! So you are thinking of him!" She took a seat and smirked, much like James would. "I've got the Granger in me. Besides, I saw you staring at him. You're pupils were so big you could barely see any blue."

Jillian blushed, "Shut up. I have bigger problems! I need a date for the festival!" Rose gave her a confused look. "I told him I had a date and that's why I couldn't go with him."

"Great, now we have to go boy hunting. Where's that lifeguards number? I think he was Lorcan's friend. We can call him up and you go with him."

Jillian nodded, searching her bag for the small shell he wrote It on. She finally found it, dusting off the excess sand from inside.

"There's no number in here, just an address," Rose said, staring the shell. "You know what that means?" Jillian shook her head. "For a straight O student, you are really daft. It means that he's a wizard! Go owl him!"

"Are you sure, Rose?" Jillian asked, pulling out some parchment. "I don't want any muggles screaming over my owl. He's quite sensitive to noise."

Rose rolled her eyes, "Just write the letter!"

"Just write the letter jeez someone's pushy." She ignored Rose's glare and began writing.

Lifeguard,

I'm afraid we haven't exchanged names. I'm the blonde from the beach (that's pretty vague...) Or maybe I just haven't heard your name. I would like to go on a date with you to the festival this weekend along with our other friends. Such as Lorcan Scamander. I'm pretty sure you know him. Please owl me back and don't hesitate with Athena. (She likes to be stroked on the neck)

Truly,
Jillian G

PS, how did you know I'm a wizard?!

She sent Athena off and the girls waited for a response.

"When is Tegan coming back?" Rose asked. "She's written a few times that she's thinking of running away." She chuckled.

"A few weeks, then she's staying with me until the school year. Except I think her dad's taking her to France the last week of August. She's so lucky, I've only ever been to the States."

"The last week of August...that's around when the Potter's go on their camping trip, right?" Jillian shrugged. "Well, at least you'll have a week alone."

There was a tapping on the window. Jillian's black owl was perched on the flower box, awaiting her entrance to open. She flew in, he black feathers shimmering I'm the sunlight that reflected off the windows. She dropped scroll in her claws on the desk and rested on her fake branch.

"It's from him!" Jillian exclaimed, tossing a treat to Athena. "Dear Blondie, or now Jillian," she read aloud, "I would love to accompany you on a date this weekend. Lorcan has told me some about you and a lot if this girl, Rose, if you know her. Looking forward to seeing you. I'll pick you up around 6. Also, you shouldn't leave your Hogwarts ring on, you could loose it in the water. Sincerely, Spencer...the Lifeguard."

"Yay you have a date!" Rose exclaimed. "But that still doesn't mean you don't have feelings for a certain messy haired Potter."

"All Potter's are messy haired."