Chapter 13: Sorry

The castle grounds were covered with its first blanket of snow since January. It was December 1st and teachers all over were putting up their Christmas decorations around the castle. James and Fred were playing an intense game of chess in the Great Hall while Jillian and Tegan were coming back from Hogsmeade. They found the boys in their usual spot at the table and went to join them.

"Hey boyfriend," Jillian said kissing James's cheek.

"You never get old of saying that, do you?" James asked. "Not that I mind of course."

"Sister at nine o'clock," Fred said.

"That's not a move Freddie." James took a second and then turned around to see Lily and Scorpius kissing under the mistletoe. "EW, okay, I'm leaving." He got up and strode over to them and pulled out his wand, burning the plant hanging above the two. "Ah lovely seeing you two here! I'm puking right now."

"Potter," Scorpius said. He was only a few inches shorter than James, but he still held his head high.

"James," Lily muttered. "We were just on our way to the library mind you."

"Have you told mum and dad yet?"

"Not yet, I'm waiting. And Scorpius is coming for Christmas. With Al..."

"Of course he is." James snarled at Scorpius and walked away. "Bloody Malfoy's." He grabbed his cloak from his dorm and made his way to the Black Lake. He found a small secluded section where little first years weren't building snowmen and melted the ice with his wand. He transfigured a few rocks from the ice chunks around him and started skipping them. A little while later, he felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately knew who it was. "My record is nine skips."

"I never learned," Jillian said grabbing a pale grey rock from his collection. "Teach me?"

James threw his rock and walked behind her. He rested one hand on her waist and the other held her hand. She leaned back and drew a deep breath. "You should teach me to do things more often."

James chuckled. "I can teach you a lot of things in bed too."

Jillian gasped and hit his arm. "James!" She laughed and turned back around. "Alright, just teach me, Professor."

"Professor Potter...I could get used to that." He pulled her arm back and let her snap it forward. It skipped twice before sinking. "Not too bad for a first try." He picked up another and handed it to her. "Now on your own."

She tried once more and it only skipped once. "I can't do it. It's a skill I will never acquire!"

"Okay Miss Dramatic, you just need to relax."

"Soo...you reckon that Lily and Scorpius will last a while?" She tossed the rock in the air and turned to face him.

His nose scrunched up and he leaned on the tree behind him. "I hope not."

"He's not a bad bloke James. You were fine with him when he came over with Albus all the time during the past years. Before your fight that is."

"Well that's because he wasn't horny for Lily! I mean he was thirteen and she was twelve. I didn't think that they'd go off snogging when I turned my back!"

"I want to make a bet. If I can skip my rock longer than you, than you won't harass them. If you win than you can do whatever and you can make up your own winnings."

James raised an eyebrow. "Alright Gillespie, your on!"

He shook her hand and picked up and rock. He bent down slightly and flicked the rock. It skipped seven times before plunging into the water. "Seven, beat that...sweetheart."