Chapter 19

The only sound that could be heard in the lab was the soft clink of the glass beakers. You were currently trying to focus on examining a spore beneath the microscope while Peter leaned over the beakers, watching the process. Peter had tried to engage you in conversation, but your mind was straying to the morning that seemed to be years ago. In truth, it had only been a little more than a week since your body was awakened, and you craved more. You could feel him moving in closer, and you only hummed in response to what he was saying. However, you weren't fully paying attention as your mind strayed again.

This was not how you had expected things to turn out, but you knew that getting involved with Natasha and Wanda wouldn't be easy. It was actual torture. Not only were your times with them restricted to stolen moments of kisses and small catch-ups, but it wasn't enough. You wanted to spend all your time intertwined with their limbs, feeling their lips against yours and their hands on your body. You wanted to scream out your feelings for them from the rooftop. You wanted to shake Peter with a huge grin, telling him that you knew now—knew what it felt like to fall in love with another person. You desperately wanted to share everything bubbling inside of you, but instead, you had to hide it all away. Why? You knew why and it made it all so much worse. You hadn't planned on huffing, and you felt Peter's stare. You simply mumbled an excuse as you scooted closer, your eye now touching the lens of the microscope, hoping Peter would take the hint and leave you alone with your thoughts.

Your mind strayed back to the feel of smooth naked legs intertwining with yours—the soft murmurs of their voices and the smell of Natasha's skin. That euphoric feeling of a pleasant ache in your core and a flutter in your stomach with each caress of warm, soft fingers against your exposed skin.

"Good morning, my little love," Natasha cooed against the crown of your head, gently pushing her fingers through your tresses, guiding your head back to kiss your forehead.

You hummed groggily as her lips trailed down your forehead, peppering kisses against the apple of your cheek.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked while caressing your cheek, and you groaned against the bright light as you cracked your eyes open. But when your eyes managed to focus, you were greeted with a soft-looking Natasha. You decided this was your favorite look on her—with no makeup, hair messy from a good night's sleep, and a carefree soft smile on her lips. You wanted nothing more than to burrow into her warmth again and feel her naked skin against yours. Preferably so close there wouldn't even be air between you.

Natasha's fingers tapped against your cheek, reminding you to answer her question. "Mmm, very," you hummed with a pleased smile and leaned in against the hand that gently cupped your cheek.

No longer able to resist your impulses, you snuggled in against Natasha, finally burrowing between her arms and sinking deeper between her breasts. The skin-on-skin contact was lovely—she was so soft and warm.

You lay contently for a while, not quite asleep yet not fully awake; in a comfortable in-between. Time melted into a blur, and you couldn't quite say how much of it had passed as you lay there together. Whether it was an hour or a handful of minutes was questionable, but ultimately unimportant. Eventually, Natasha spoke up, interrupting the calm silence.

"Are you going to wake up today, little duckling?" she teased with a smirk.

You groaned softly against her skin. "No," you mumbled out, making Natasha chuckle against the crown of your head as she curled around you.

"Aren't you hungry?" she asked as your eyes reluctantly fluttered open; soft, slender fingers stroked over your cheek.

"A little," you admitted quietly, "but I don't want to get up."