Chapter 4- The Constant Lying

Y/N had yet another mystery to solve now.

***

"Is your tea warm enough?"

The Prince inquired as he looked at her, as she was not even taking a sip of the tea that the maids gave to her some while ago.

Y/N snapped out of her trance, almost spilling the tea.

"Huh? Oh um, yes thank you."

Y/N thanked the Prince as she looked at her honey-like tea, with its rich fragrant enough to make her mouth water.

"Well, I'll leave it to you, then."

The Prince smiled as he gazed at her, making her want to giggle and kick her feet.

"I'd  love to have the joy to sit and chat with you, but I've got some..." The Prince looks down, searching for a least believable excuse.

"Some royal obligations...." He murmured, as he quickly looked at her and smiled.

Y/N was a curious girl, she wasn't going to miss out on the opportunity of getting to know him better, not now, not never.

"And what do those obligations include?"

Y/N blurted out, (she was a bit nosy if I may conclude :p)

The Prince blinked confusingly, nobody had bothered to ask him about his obligations as the crown prince except his snobbish relatives, and they weren't asking for concern, they asked for their very own benefit.

"I um-" The Prince squinted his eyes as he swiftly took out his handkerchief and coughed.

 "Are you sick?..."

Y/N inquired, eyes wide.

"Just a cough, no worries." The Prince had a faint smile on his lips

"Ah, gotcha~" Y/N sighed as she replied in a sing-song way, making the Prince giggle.

They continued to chat for ages.

***

Taehyung sighed as he closed the door, the door creaking as he stood outside. Y/N had already fallen asleep, he chuckled at her soft snoring and cherished the moments and chats they had over the past four hours, and it had already been so close to midnight.

"Time really loses its essence around her, huh?"

Taehyung murmured to himself as he recalled their talks:

****

"𝙒𝙝𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝?"

Y/N inquired, seriously concerned and a bit annoyed because he didn't tell her

"Maybe, I am just a bit sick.."

Taehyung confessed as he shuffled his handkerchief into his pocket

"I knew it!"

Y/N clapped proudly, as if she was a detective who had just gotten a criminal to confess his crimes. Taehyung chuckled at her childish traits.

"Why didn't you tell me though?"

Y/N furthered asked, Taehyung was a bit uneasy about her continuous questioning.

"......I didn't want you to worry"

Taehyung faked a grin, as Y/N rolled her eyes on his over-polite nature. She liked him for that.

****

To Taehyung, these conversations that would seem 'meaningless' or 'nothing special' to a majority of people, actually were some of the most fun and pleasant conversations he had in a very very excruciatingly long time. He hoped to remember them until his death.

(~To Be Continued~)