Chapter 11- The Last Meeting

Well, of course Taehyung couldn't keep being suppressed by his fear.

"Could you at least....tell me why?" Taehyung asked softly, his hands gripping the fencing of the balcony to prevent himself from faltering.

Y/N chuckled dryly, leaving Taehyung confused and nervous.

"Why? you ask, Taehyung?" Y/N repeated his question, using her smile as a facade of her vulnerability.

"Well," Y/N spoke, wryly "What am I supposed to do here then?" She continued, still looking down.

Taehyung had his mind blocked, he couldn't think of a sensible reply to satisfy Y/N's puzzling question. Y/N yet again chuckled at his difficulty to answer her. Why was she being so rude?

"Well?" Y/N asked mockingly, leaving Taehyung baffled.

Taehyung was too much in a daze to answer so he looked down at the greenery hanging from the trees, on the balcony, he gripped the fence a bit harder than before, thinking of a reply to make Y/N stay. He didn't want to die without telling her the truth of his sickness.

Y/N scoffed in amusement, "I'll leave you to it then." she continued "Goodbye, Taehyung"

Y/N sighed as she left, but as soon as she turned away from Taehyung. Silent tears started streaming down her cheeks as she tried her best not to wipe them and make them seem obvious.

Taehyung heard her silent whimpers, he knew her being rude to him was just an attempted facade to make him hate her and forget all about her. But that clearly didn't work.

Taehyung wanted to go and comfort her, tell her it was alright if she was leaving, and most importantly the truth. But he couldn't, he wanted to move and at least speak, but something felt off.....And it wasn't his choice. He faltered on the ground.

***

Well, Taehyung did get what he wanted. To let Y/N know the truth.

Taehyung's mind was filled with memories, mostly with Y/N:

"SLOW DOWN-"

"Too late!~"

Y/N chuckled as Taehyung's eyes widened at how fast she learned to ride a horse, 'Yeong-su' was quite fond of her, and of course, Y/N begged Taehyung to let her ride, making Taehyung sit at the back with his hands gripped at the saddle due to Y/N's expeditious speed.

"You're seriously going to be the death of me!~"

Taehyung chuckled, his straining voice coating a high amount of fear.

"At least you're going to die with some fun!~"

***

"Taehyung?" Y/N's frail voice could be heard.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, he was placed on the bed, and everything seemed blurry. A figure sat in a chair next to him. Taehyung didn't need another minute to recognize that it was Y/N.

"I'm sorry..." Y/N spoke, her voice breaking at the end. The royal physician was standing next to her, it seems that he told Y/N everything she needed to know.

".....It's fine, I should be the one sorry" Taehyung smiled weakly, trying his best not to sound weak.

"The, the reason I was rude to you was because-" "I know," Taehyung smiled.

Y/N was confused, "You knew?"

Taehyung scoffed playfully "Nope, I didn't know, nothing at all" 

"What?..." Y/N was very puzzled at his response

"Sarcasm. Y/N, I was being sarcastic"
Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully, quoting Y/N's sentence.

Y/N chuckled as she realized "You dummy!~" She said, playfully "You copied me!~"

'Or, did you copy me?" Taehyung grinned sarcastically, making Y/N baffled at his new mood

"I'm a really bad influence on you, huh?" Y/N chuckled, Taehyung shrugged

"If you call someone that makes you feel like the most special thing in the world a 'bad influence', then sure you're a terrible influence"

Taehyung remarked, though his really sick state he knew how to make Y/N's heart flutter.

The royal physician bowed and left so that they could have some privacy, they continued to chat for ages and who knows how long, which would feel like an eternity for a majority, felt like 2 seconds for them.

And all of that drowned in one sentence.

"So, you know about how much time I have left, right?"

Taehyung suddenly asked, making Y/N's smile falter.

Y/N silently nodded, Taehyung didn't want to ruin the atmosphere by this but he knew this would be the last time they'd share a conversation.

"You go first-" Taehyung blurted out, it was hilarious on how nervous he was to tell Y/N the one thing he'd been dying to tell her.

"Me?" "Yes, you" "Why" "Do it."

Y/N nervously fiddled with her fingers, "Er..." she mumbled

"I maybe...." Taehyung's ears perked up at her voice

"I sort of, maybe like  you" Y/N sighed, Taehyung could possibly not express the joy he felt in that moment.

"Y-you don't have to like me back though!" She further spoke, making Taehyung chuckle, but Taehyung wanted to take a little bit of revenge because of her rude behavior towards him the night before and shrugged.

Y/N was baffled and slightly annoyed "....Do you like me or not?" Y/N asked, impatiently making Taehyung snicker a bit.

"Maybe" He added, he almost burst out of laughter seeing the rage on Y/N's face. But unfortunately, time is too precious for these little pranks.

".....I don't like you" He added, his face now expressing a new cold demeanor. What had just happened?!

"What?...." Y/N's heart shattered into pieces, he had to be joking, right? Why would he be so nice to her if he didn't like her? Or maybe they were just, platonic?...

Y/N looked down in disbelief and embarrassment, she was then surprised by Taehyung pulling her into a tight embrace.

"That's because, I love you! dummy~"

Those six words were enough to put those shattered pieces back in place.

(~To Be Continued~)