Chapter 10- The Three Suspects

***

"So, I've narrowed it down to three suspects-"

"I'm sorry, suspects of what exactly?"

Neria asked obliviously, making Inseong scowl at her disregardful trait.

"The reason why we made a time machine in the first place?!..."

Inseong snarled making Neria make an "Ooh!" sound

"Ah, about Mrs. Kang, okay sure continue." Neria said, nonchalantly

Inseong rolled his eyes before continuing

"So suspect number one is, Ms. Seo-yun Park-"

"Isn't that Mrs. Kang's neighbor?"

Y/N inquired, Ha-ri and Inseong shook their head in response.

"Was, she then moved to Taebaek, for a job."

Ha-ri replied before Inseong could, making him scowl once again.

"Then how could she be a suspect?"

Y/N interrogated further, while Neria was busy sipping her tea not caring about the mystery at all.

"Well, she moved to Taebaek on the day Mrs. Kang was murdered, and they spent an awful amount of time before the day the incident had happened-"

"How do you know all of this, then?"

Neria questioned Inseong, suspiciously

"Neighbourhood gossip," Inseong added, red-faced.

"So we're solving a murder mystery with the help of gossip? Who kept you in charge of all of this instead of going to the detectives-"

"That's cause I'm assigned to it!" Inseong snapped, while the trio remained open-mouthed.

"Y-you're assigned to it?" Ha-ri remained with her eyes- widened "So you're not a student?-"

"Of course not!" Inseong snarled making the trio flinch

"I mean, have you ever seen me around at school? Are you all really that oblivious?"

Inseong rolled his eyes as he ruffled his hair in annoyance.

"How old are you?" Neria asked, perceiving the current presence as some sort of Q and A.

"24, but that's not relevant-" "24?!" Ha-ri shrieked.

"Can we change the topic?" Y/N asked, her hand supporting the side of her face as she remained bored.

"Aren't you the slightest bit appalled?" Neria asked, her wide eyes analyzing Y/N.

"No." Y/N replied blandly, she still hasn't forgiven Neria for her behavior around Taehyung.

"I mean I knew he wasn't from our school, he doesn't look THAT young either."

Y/N added with a boring tone.

"I don't know if that was a compliment or an insult," Inseong said 

"But at least one of you is observant."

Inseong added, as he rolled his eyes and opened his document of suspects and started flipping the pages.

"Tough crowd~" he muttered bitterly, as he was looking for suspect number two which he forgot to mark.

"Ah, suspect number two: Ms. Olivia An."

The trio gulped in fear hearing that name. Inseong was confused

"What's wrong?-" "She's our classmate," Ha-ri confessed

"She can't possibly be a suspect why.....why is she even a suspect in the first place?"

Ha-ri inquired Inseong, Inseong continued

"I questioned all your classmates for some sort of clues and before the incident she was with Mrs. Kang yesterday for extra guidance with Mathematics and Ms. An was late-"

 "THAT'S BECAUSE SHE'S OLIVIA, SHE'S ALWAYS LATE, ITS NOTHING NEW!"

Ha-ri yelped while Y/N and Neria nodded in agreement.

"....Okay, moving on to suspect three-"

"What's the point? When we go back we should start investigating altogether and not rely on suspects marked by pure gossip"

Neria interrupted jeeringly, making Inseong scowl.

"Fine," Inseong replied bitterly, "We leave, tomorrow." He finished.

Tomorrow? tomorrow?! that's too early! Y/N had only met Taehyung for a couple of days and now it's going to end just like that? No! No, she isn't going back....

"Can't we change the date?...." Y/N hissed softly, giving in to what her heart wanted, just for once.

Inseong was puzzled "Why? Don't tell me you plan on staying here-" "I don't."

Liar, Y/N wanted to stay here, every will of her body wanted to be here and not back there.
What was she even going to do when she will be back? Nothing's new except the mystery they ought to solve. But Y/N had someone who understood her, someone she  understood. 

***

Night soon fell, darkening the blue abyss. Filling it with millions of burning stars that wanted to be noticed, but unfortunately Y/n couldn't see them all.

"Taehyung." Y/N called, gazing into the night sky, her reply was coated with a deep sense of vulnerability.

"Mhm?" Taehyung replied, he too was gazing into the stars.

"I'm leaving, tomorrow" Y/N replied, still gazing into the wonder.

Taehyung was stunned, he slowly turned his gaze towards Y/N, she had to be joking!

"....You're really funny..." Taehyung chuckled, but his heart sank when she didn't return her usual laugh, let alone even look at him.

Y/N didn't make a sound, neither did she move. She just stared into the dark void filled with glistening sparkles.

Taehyung was speechless. He didn't know what to say, so he too just stared at the night sky. Inside, the same voice kept repeating and wishing that she would suddenly burst out laughing and tell him it was a joke and tease him on how he didn't understand her sarcasm. But she didn't, no smile was forming her lips, and her usual giggle that lingered in the air wasn't there anymore.

(~To be continued~)